Goode Bubble Buoy

swc5150

• Baller
Has anyone tried the Goode bubble bouys? They appear to be a good idea, I'm just curious about their durability and success at keeping the ski in the water on impact. $240 isn't cheap for 6 balls, but it's better than a doctor bill.

• Baller

We are in our 2nd season using Goode Buoys an would not consider anything else. Before that, we had skiers hurt with both regular and waterfilled buoys. Skiers now have gone right over the middle of the Bubble Buoys and not even known it. You can repair them with super glue, repaint them, they seem to last foever.

Highly Recommend, ED

• Baller
One season with them and I'm still on board but with the following suggestions. Don't leave them in over the winter. I had a water rat eat holes in one of mine and other fish seem to like to nibble on the foam floatation. The newer caps are better. I ordered 4 replacement caps and they look more durable. The originals still fade a good bit but I plan on painting them instead of replacing.

• Baller

Joe,

One of the things I did before painting is to cut the zip ties, turn the buoy inside out, and reattach. Just as bright orange on the inside as it was on the outside. Buys you a few more months before you resort to painting.

Goode Luck, ED

Smart thinking Ed.

I heard of people putting a UV vinyl protectant spray on their seats and the old vinyl car roofs. I wonder if that would help protect the color. You surely would not want anything oily getting on the ski as we all know. This stuff sound pretty good and might help repel some of that bird mess.

This probubly could be used on the polyform turns and lanes as well.

I think I might order some.

http://www.sailrite.com/303-UV-Protectant-16oz