Grand Rapids Pro Tour Masters Men Event

Chad_Scott

Hey guys, Dana Reed has agreed to allow a Masters Men event to be run in conjunction with the Global Invitational Pro Event in Grand Rapids on July 9 and 10th. We will take the first 25 entries into the tournament. Entry Fee will be $200.00 and all of the entrie fees will be used for the prize money. We will have a minimum purse of $5000.00 and pay the top 8 spots. There are a few interested additional sponsors for the event so the purse may be higher. 2 qualifying rounds will be held at Placid Waters in Grand Rapids on Saturday and the the top 8 will advance to the finals on Sunday. We will run 8 down to 4 for the final head to head which will also be run on Sunday with the Pro Event held in Millenium park. This event is expected to draw several thousand spectators and should be a great event for the Masters Men to be a part of. If you are interested in supporting this event please contact me at cscott1968@hotmail.com

I just read the editorial and the thread at the other site. As owner/operator of Placid Waters I invite any responsible organizer to put together an event to their liking. The Grand Rapids area is very supportive of waterskiing and will pay to watch if the event is properly marketed and produced. Action Watersports, a local MasterCraft dealer, is incredible in the support they have given to many events to promote waterskiing. Dana Reed is producing a high-quality event that he believes meets the needs of the athletes and the local spectators. If you want to do something different or better, I will be happy to be a host site. However, it is hard to put on a better event than Dana. He is the standard of the industry right now.

For the MM and all other skiers coming to Grand Rapids for the first time - welcome. Put on a great show!

I have attended the Global Invitational at Placid Waters since they began hosting it several years ago, and it has always been a great event! Boarditup is right the group at action are some of the most professional, and enthusiastic people that I have met in the water sports industry.

Grand Rapids is a great area for the event due to the huge population of both skiers and wake boarders as well as people that are boat owners, I believe a few years ago Grand Rapids was even voted as one of the top 10 best places to live as a water skier.

It just reinforces why I don’t slum it on lesser forums. One or two opinionated cowards make noise and gets some of us all fired up. This one didn’t because its clear to me, Horton nailed it on the homepage. I remember watching my first pro tour stop in the mid 80s in Charlotte MI, the “Bud Light Tour”. It was 3 event Men/Women and it seemed like there were thousands of spectators there. I would take that anytime over the inclusion of MM but these are different times. As Chad said, maybe others will find a solution and MM wouldn’t be allowed any space….great! For now lets try it and see what happens. I sent my money to Chad and will enjoy the event no matter what. If I were fortunate enough to steel some airtime in the finals, I know several open skiers that would pat me on the back and support me, and don't care about the ones making noise.

Kevin Bishop

Was it called Ski Paradise when it was a ski school? A bit before my time. We skied there in college in the 90s but it was just a small club. In any case, this was the place 42 35' 37.91" N, 84 47' 03.73"W

KB