Prophecy vs. RS-1

kykn12

I'm currently riding on a 66" 2010 Prophecy, but am looking to get a 65" ski since I think mine is slightly too large for me. Since I do like the Prophecy, I was intending to just get one of those. However, I just found a 2009 RS-1 that I can get for about $150 less. I have RS-1 bindings that I'll be putting on whichever ski I get.

I just free ski primarily (34-36mph), but would like to spend more time working on the course. Needless to say, I will not be pushing any ski to its limits! Does anyone have opinions on what might be the pros and cons of sticking with the Prophecy or going with the RS-1? Or, are there other skis you think woud be better? Thanks-

• Baller
I only spent 10 or so sets on each ski so I may not have the best opinion on them, but I know they are very different skis. The main characteristic I remember from the RS1 was it was FAST. Uncontrollably fast in the course for me. I feel like the Prophecy had a much looser feeling than the RS1, which resulted in a better release outward from the edge change and a more controlled for me. The RS1 felt like I was on a roller coaster and I never knew where I was going to enter or finish the turn.

• Administrators

For a skier learning to run balls I do not like either of these skis.

I love the Connelly because it has personality and teaches a skier skills. I ski good on it. Still not a great choice for learning balls.

The RS-1 is the only Radar I do not love. MPD or Strada or Senate YES YES YES. RS-1 has funky finish at end of off side turn. No (sorry Eddie)

• Administrators

Eddie,

Will you forgive me if I go on and on about how "wicked bitch'n" the Strada is? Darn thing is so easy to ski on that I can not figure out how to review it.