2Hand gates

block

I am changing from 1 handed gates back to 2 hand gates due to inconsistency. I need help, please tell me how you pull out and keep a tight line when its time to go. I cannot keep the line tight so I end up on my heel with speed and no angle. I get into trouble as the pressure from the rope comes from tthe side, I am trying to keep pressure outbound but...... crap!

I've been changing between 1 and 2 handed gates for over a year. I love the speed and the fact you "just go" with 1 handed, but as a leftie, I think 2 handed gives me a better angle through the wakes. However I cannot get consitent with speed and often find myself coasting through the gates with 2 handed. Then I get frustrated and revert to one hand for a few more sets. I am going to continue with 2 handed in the hope it will feel more natural in time. One thing I dont know, where should the handle be during the glide?

• Baller
Start your edge out sooner, with less intensity, but longer so that you arrive at the correct width but without the excess speed. What Mueller's had me workign on is matching the speed of the boat. If you start to slow down or drift back, it's too late. In practice, always turn in at the same speed relative to the boat. Even if you miss your gate, then adjust on your next set where you rolled out at. So if you pick your point and roll out and turn in at boat speed, but miss wide right, then you know you need to carry downcourse another 4-6ft before rolling out on the next pass. If you miss to the left, you need to start your rollout sooner. Also, roll the ski up to glide unless you're in a head wind. Snapping it up accelerates it, so only snap the ski in a headwind.

• Baller

OB and Shane gave advice that I use in my 2 handed gate. One thing I find is that I pull out much earlier now than I used to. My pull out point is when the nose of the boat hits the right hand 55 bouy. That is with me in the white water just outside the curl of the wake. A smooth steady pull out where I try not to load the boat and get gassed by perfect pass.

I really like watching Chris Parrish's gate since he is LFF and uses a 2 handed gate.