New Trick Category

Horton

• Administrators

I do not know anything about tricks but I guess there are people who do this sort of thing. I have also never worn a dress.

If you feel the need to talk about tricks you can do it here.

• Baller
Tricks: Waste of perfectly good boat gas. Waste of perfectly good web space. A necessary evil for overall. I don't like it but try it a few time a year. Maybe I'll try it a little more this year. Possibly at night when nobody can see and it won't cut into slalom and jump time.

• Baller

I trick when the water is rough or I am too tired to slalom another set. I don't jump and we don't have one so that isn't an option. I do trick in tournaments because my son 3 events and I am going to be there anyway.

I am going to do it a little more this year because I want to stay ahead of my son in points. I think I can get through this year but that might be it.

30 years later & I can still run the same trick run I did at 17!

S 40

SR 40

B 60

F 60

BR 60

FR 60

O 90

OR 90

BB 90

BBR 90

WB 80

WF 80

WBB 150

WO 150

WBBR 150

1290 in Total!!!!!!!

Oh, forgot TB & TF, and occasional Toe-Wake-Splat, but then I got wise & retire the toe harness about 20 years back.

• Baller

I have pretty much the same stuff in my trick pass but I don't have the WO or the WBBR down solid. In my younger days I had teh TB, TF, TWB, TWF and LB, LF down solid as well.

Is your WO with a handle pass or is it wrapped?

@Phil2360,

I hate to break it to you, but that run will not score 1290. From a scoring perspective, O and OR are the same trick as BB and BBR, so only one set of them will score points. Also, you will have to do WBBR right after WBB or it will also not score. Just a FYI in case you do that at a tournament!

@Ham,

Yes we all know about tricking, but as you said, in order to be a competitive overall skier, you must practice trick as well.

@Klinger haven't been in a tournament since about '85, things must have changed since then as they always scored the 2 F-F 360's as well as the B-B's. I did use to do the Wbb & Wbbr after each other, forgot to list the Reverse till I read the post.

Anyway wouldn't matter much today as the Back-Splat would probably be fitted in early in the pass, it's often after the BR or the first O.

@Chef23 I've only ever been able to do Wrapped WO's.

Incidentally, it's amazing how the falls don't become exponentially harder with age as they do in slalom.

• Baller
I like to overall, and tricks is another chance to be on the water. I look at it like this most tournaments are only $5 or $10 more for three event and I get 6 rides in a weekend instead of two. So I keep practicing my tricks. Good thing they score on completion of the trick and not how nice they look, because mine look scrappy.