New Jump Category

Horton

• Administrators

I do not know anything about jump but I guess there are people who do this sort of thing. I have also never dressed as a bee

If you feel the need to talk about jump you can do it here.

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/15/755.jpg/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/16/756.jpg

94"'s... Well On my 2009 90" Goodmans they are mounted at 29.75 I believe per Ron's spec. I would guess that 94's are in the 31.5 to 32" range, but dont quote me on that. I would suggest emailing Ron @ goodmanskis@gmail.com to know for sure. I tend to run mine farther forward than Ron's spec by about an inch. Good luck!!!

• Baller
I had mine at 31.25 and it didn't feel right. I was ok coming off the ramp, but as I would push forward it felt like the tips wanted to drop, so I would back off and the tips would come flying up and I would land on mt heals and smack my head real hard. I moved the binders back to 30.75" last night and it made a world of difference. I could push all the way to the landing. I think I will email Ron out of curiosity. Thanks for the info.

I dont think it is an exact science. As FA said, Ron's number is a recommendation, and then move to your liking. I haven't mastered the "Freddy Press" yet, so thats why I keep mine a little more forward. Speaking of jumping, it needs to warm up around here so I can go play on the sticks. Moving to 5.5 ft this year.... any pointers??

• Baller
My 93's are somewhere in the 31" Range (I think). I put them on and ride them. I move the bindings forward until I feel them grab and slow down, then, I move them back a hole. When I increase the boat speed from 32 to 37, I move them back. Speed lifts tails and pushes tips down. I like this, getting fired up./vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/17/757.jpg

• Baller
Unfortunately i'm old enough to be back to 5'. It's not that much different, what I remember about 5.5' is you have to really make sure you drive thru the ramp. It's a lot easier to crush and split so you have to have better form, and can't take some of the jumps you can get away with at 5. It is a lot more fun, and if you get your legs under you a lot more lift. I would start out at 33.6 until you get used to the feel of the ramp, then up it to 35.

• Baller

Ham,

I noticed you picture, is the left hand crotch grab for your competitors or the ladies in the crowd?

Hope to be jumping with you guys this year. I got my Joe Burkhead duct tape.

• Baller
I have a junior jumping question. I have a Boys 2 jumper (soon to be 12) who isn't jumping far yet in the 50' range. He is on a set of 72" kidders. At what point should I be looking at different jumpers for him. Are there any bad habits in the mix on the older jumpers? Given the cost of jumpers I would like to get him as long as I can on the current set of jumpers.

• Baller
I'm probably the wrong guy to answer this, since I just started jumping again. So I spent the bulk of my life on 72". As long as he hasn't physically outgrown the 72's i would wait until he is jumping over 100'.

• Baller
That stinks, that is what I had to do last year. I actually got a jump site this year. I will say one thing about the longer skis, and I hope it doesn't throw a wrench in the system for you. They are safer. They are a lot more stable and you really have to mess up a lot to crash on these, atleast out the front. You can certainly still go out the back on them. I haven't come close either way since switching.

• Baller_
I see this and hear this alot. The old Kidder jumpers are great for initial learning how ever they are not the most manuverable skis available and are well of old school design. Having run two juniors up thru g/b-2 thru open I tried to keep them on as new technology that was or is available for our budget. I watched my son in boy's 2 go from 70 'to pushing 90' just by getting him off an old pair of obrien 72" lapoint jumpers and onto a pair of Exocet 80" jumpers. The progression of keeping as fresh a set of jumpers available though comes at a price. But the long term Has devolped a few national titles many State and regional titles and a few State and regional records. Ask around and and see if any newer skis are available and also if you can find others that will let him ride the bigger skis just watch how he rides them.