PerfectPass StarGAZER ZO Simulator Upgrade

• Baller
Anyone directly involved or know someone that is? I would really like to know how the project is progressing. I feel I have the ideal set-up for the upgrade 1997 Ski Nautique with the GT-40, better power to weight ratio than most newer boats.

• Baller
I just installed the SG. Still waiting on the ice. I will purchase the upgrade the day it becomes available. I am thinking with the better power to weight ration the boat will be more responsive than the heavy boats with ZO. Until they lighten the new boats up and increase H.P. SG may a more accurate system using some of the older boats.

From the PP website dated March 4th, 2011-“Further to our last announcement, we wish to advise that more encouraging testing has taken place in Florida over the past week. At this point we will be scheduling further testing and evaluation over the coming two months. It would be our hope that by late May a definitive decision will be made on the final details of this endeavor. In the event the product is brought to market, it will simply be a small device that will plug into any existing PerfectPass Star Gazer Three Event System.”

Unofficial word 2 weeks ago - but from one of the primary people involved- is that they are still "thinking that the product will be ready for market the end of May".

Will just have to wait and hope.

• Baller_
As a Perfect Pass dealer I have asked and been told the same, the product is not quite ready for prime time. I have driven and skied behind a test unit early last month, a 90 SN that was re=powered with a new GT-40 and the emulator but I felt that I was able to pull the boat down and to me the boat felt soft (great!) in comparison to what I normally ski with. Now I was told on Wed that they were sending an updated program for the test boat and they had high expectations that it was going to be real close.