Ski purchase

skiturf

I'm looking to purchase a ski for my 14 year old son. He currently skis the course at 15 off and is 5'10''/140 pounds. He has out grown his 63" O'Brien Syncro. In the summer we ski between 2 to 3 times a week on a private lake. Because I don't know alot about skis, bindings and wings, I'm not sure what ski to purchase. The other question is: Because he is growing so fast, do I purchase a ski for him to "grow into"? Any advice would be great!!!

First, let me say thanks for replying guys. Being a first time poster but an everyday lurker I definitely feel welcomed. Matt, I would guess 6'1"ish and 170. Horton, he just started the course mid-summer last year. He finished at 15 off and 30 mph.

• Administrators

67 Radar Senate, Vice or HO COX

Maybe a used D3 X5 from ski-it-again

You are looking for a good ski but not a ski that has super high end quarks

If you can wait a week perhaps you can purchase from the BOS Ski Shop

• Baller
What speed is he skiing that factors into the equation. I would think about something used because he might only be in it for a couple of years before he outgrows it. My son weighs the same but is shorter and is working on 15 off 34 mph and is on a 65.5" D3X5 that I picked up used and it has been great for him.