Jump helmet recommendations

Chef23

• Baller
I am looking for a new jump helmet for my son as I want to protect his grill in case of a crash. I ordered one of the Shred Ready helmets but it doesn't fit him (too small or wrong shape). Any other suggestions that aren't $275?

• Baller
I love my Iccaro but sorry they arent cheap. I hit my head on my ski a year ago on a crash and it cracked my helmet, had I not had a helmet it would have killed me. The way I figure helmet is not the area to go cheap on.

• Baller
Ham, I got the lid I have from Bennetts. I need to call them today to figure out how to send it back. I will see what else they recommend. @disland I agree on not going cheap but this will only be a 1-2 year helmet probably as he is growing.

• Baller
Pro Tec Ace Spade Full Face. It's a BMX helmet, if it gets wet just let it dry out. I think it is lighter than the Bell and others, and can be found at a really good price. FYI, my personal preference and some will disagree, but I do NOT latch the chin strap in the front, under the chin. I just strap it behind my head. My thought is, the helmet is there for impact protection, the moment you hit the water, you want the helmet to come off if in the case it is bucketing or similar. Some will point out that then one may be hit by a ski, etc. I'll take the % of that happening opposed to how my neck would feel with the strap under my chin. Because of this, I wear a size smaller so that it is more snug. The helmet rarely comes off, and when it has, it's seemed for the better. You'll notice a lot of the cost conscious M1 and M2 skiers using these helmets....