BallOfScores 2.0 iPhone Application

MattP

• Baller

Hey Ballers

I have designed a app for the iPhone/Pad/Pod called ballofscores that will keep you updated with Live scores from the Pro and other major events from around the world. This app is available in the app store as of today just in time for the Masters and Jr. Masters starting this friday. I designed this application in my spare time as a benefit to the ballers and skiers around the world who want to stay up to date with the elite and major events but are unable to attend.

Here is a link to the app. It is Free to download in the iTunes store. Share it with your ski buddies show it off at tournaments spread the word and promote ballofspray at the same time http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ballofscores/id438091610?mt=8

You can make a donation via paypal to keep this app available to you. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=RDNZ3BX9T8NCG&lc=US&item_name=Donate%20to%20ballofscores&item_number=ballofscores&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/18/838.png

If you have any questions or comments let me know!

If you are looking to have an application developed contact me through the forum.

www.mattdpage.com

• Baller

@bmiller3536

if there is a demand... I try to have a life between classes, being an RA at school, working at a ski school, coaching rowing, skiing, studying, friends, some more skiing, this website the other websites I maintain, other apps I'm working on... if there was some sort of monetary reimbursement for my work it I might consider it... or charge more than 99cents for the app which is free right now... But as of right now blackberry is not in my view of where the mobile market is going Apple and Android have the largest market share at the moment... but we can take a poll and see...

• Baller
@horton thats a negative ghost rider they do not fit in my ski! But yeah I understand where your coming from. People who spend 1-3k on ski gear and related items a year would not be interested on spending 1.99 on an app...

• Administrators

iPhones are super cool as long as you do not try to make phone calls...

Nokia is going to Windows Phone 7 (so the rumors say... not that I pay attention to that kind of thing)

• Baller
Thanks @Horton. Phone calls are just fine! I just want everyone to know Horton and I sat on the phone and designed this thing and had it out in what a week or two? then published in the app store... There is always room for improvement I know gezz

• Baller
For those using the ballofscores app this weekend message/email me any problems you had or suggestions you have. I am working on version 2.0 as I type this. I have some new features in the works.

• Baller
I did notice that when I click on a particular score, it would open up a new window but lock it up. I would have to shut it down and bring it back up. I have an iphone 3gs. Thanks for the app!

• Baller

Whats new in Version 2.0

1. Extended the live streaming feed to hold 100 scores in the app.

2. Created a Archived Scores tab that will show the results from the previous tournaments that were live in the app.

3. A few minor visual tweaks and bug fixes

You as the user now have the ability to add your event to the ballofscores app. All you have to do is email mattdpage@me.com with your event name, location, event logo, time the event starts and who will be tweeting scores.

Building this app has been a really fun experience. I have enjoyed receiving all of the emails from the users about how they got to enjoy the scores from the Masters when the webcast was down and how people were using it at the lake while they were skiing.

Apps like anything take time to design, maintain and to create updates. You can donate to keep this app live in iTunes via paypal http://bit.ly/jRmZfU

If you are having any problems, have suggestions/comments or would like to have your own app designed please email Matt at mattdpage@me.com

• Administrators
was cool to see the pros using that app during the event to see what was going on at Gold Rush. Jon Travers installed it while he was taking jump pics on the island with me.

• Baller

I praise Matt for doing a free application that we can enjoy on one of the most popular platforms out there.

If Android is overtaking IOS and there are Android developers interested in doing nice applications like BallOfScores for free, they will be welcome. On the meantime, get an Ipod touch, Iphone or Ipad, and say thank you to Matt.

By the way, all Android-based tablets are good, but have just one big problem. The Ipad...

• Baller

Thanks @Ral !!

Everyone,

I will have BallOfScores on the Android in August. No sooner sorry. I am on the road until then with Jodi Fisher. So give me a few weeks people.

I got a bunch of great response from everyone at Pickos Ski School today. So that makes up for everyone's bitching and moaning for the most part.