Ben Favret

ForrestGump

• Administrators
I think safety is more a function of how your binding releases, not the plate. I love the Radar bindings. They are safe because I can release, not because of the plate. (I guess the plate helps but it is not the big reason)

• Baller
Just to be clear, I don't like how Fogman's release in a stuff the tip situation....my point was that the thick plate offers protection and maybe even prevents a ski form breaking between the bindings.

• Baller
What 9400 said. The plate will help keep your feet together if the ski breaks between bindings. A guy I ski with had his ski break between the bindings. Fortunately the two halves stayed together. He was on Animals at the time (I think).

• Baller

"Carbon NANOTubes (pictured to the right) are no bigger than 1 billionth of an inch and help make a lighter, stronger and faster water ski."

I wonder what do they mean by stronger. Maybe smell?

• Baller

Here are Ben's comments on Facebook about the ankle:

"The rumors of by injury have been greatly exaggerated.

While it is true that I re injured the same foot as the Achilles injury about 4 weeks ago by tearing the all the ligaments in the ankle and a bad bone bruise of the ball and socket of the ankle, I am not in a cast or wheelchair as the rumor went from about 4 different phone calls this weekend. Beat up but grinding it out."

Hope that helps bring the rumors in line.

• Baller
I am glad Ben is okay. I have seen him ski on the Big Dawg webcast. He gave me some good pointers in 1995 when he was at Mapple's ski school I was struggling to get through 15 off at 36MPH at the time. I could run it, but not consistently. I always had to start at 32MPH,34 MPH, and then 36MPH. He and Andy really helped me master the gate approach which was the key for me, and showed me how to get wider. Two seasons later I started getting into 32off just about every time. Since I ski in Pennsylvania and the season is short compared to the south, I hate to see anyone miss ski time..