Rumors about D3 releasing a new ski?

skibug

From what my selective memory tells me the RC was faster side to side and a little nimbler in the turn, yet very stable. I had an RCX after that and it was quick across course but for some reason seemed a little squirrelly in the turns. I've only been on a demo X7 for about 4 sets but it seems very stable and deliberate in the turn, gets good angle and is not rocket fast across but seems to get me there in time. I'm on a 69" at 6'4" 220 at 34 22-32.

I had a Z-7 non-ST too (no wonder I'm broke) and it was more like the RCX to me. Quick across but I could never find the offside and I tried everything with fin and bindings. The X7 requires more work to get it going but is very stable and I like the offside - I guess it rides deeper. I demoed an ST version and couldn't tell the difference so kept that $1300 in my pocket for once.

• Administrators
every factory is working on a new ski every year / every month. I'm aware of 2 of but I'm sure all the other factories are doing the same. traditionally most new skis come out in august

• Baller

The RCX was great. My only 35 off 36 mph passes are on that ski.

I was VERY tempted with the Z7 ST. Wanted stability w/more speed.

My bro was rocking a Razor. I was taking his BS w/grain of salt. One day I brought the boat but left ALL my ski stuff in the garage. Ran 3@ 38 first set on his Razor. Had his gloves and vest on, unfamiliar site, Strada bindings when I was used to D3 leverage set up and basically ran my tourney avg.

Winter quandry: Z7 ST (safe choice) vs. Razor (risk).

Went w/Razor to take a new direction (kept my RCX)! This spring felt serious Razor potential in turns and speed, but trouble controlling the ski overall. Started to get frustrated.

Bindings one hole forward and totally stable, killer turns both sides, great speed across course.

Lots of great skis out there, and the caveat is I have not skied many of them. The Razor is worth a look, though, coming from a KD/D3 skier since early 90's now successfully transitioned to Razor. Late start in MN this year, but I'm optimistic about PB's on this ski. Price point also reasonable for RTM construction.

Good luck!

• Baller

I went from a 67 RCX that I had been skiing for three years to a 66.5 A2 for the last two weeks (5' 11", 175 lbs.). I skied the S1 last year and after one set, never skied it again, so I was very skeptical about the A2. From the time I pulled out for the gates on the A2 on the first pass, I couldn't believe how comfortable I felt on the ski. After the first set on the A2, I knew the RCX was gone. On the second set, I was running my normal buoy count, and set a practice PB my second day on the ski.

I just bought a Strada and skied it for the first time yesterday. It was already on the way when I got my hands on the A2, so I need to give it a chance. I can't get the Strada finish the turn as well as the A2, but it gets great angle cross course (so does the A2). I think the Strada has a great potential but will take longer to figure out than the A2.

• Baller

I am also playing with the A2 and my offside turn. I have been working on it for a week or so. If you are in the EXO bindings, keep in mind that the tension is determined by the location of your rear binding. Use the chart that your bindings came with to determine the proper setting. I made the mistake of moving my binding a 1/4 inch back, and had the bindings release at 1 or 2 ball about 4 times before I remembered that I needed to change the tension. I think one more small move, and I will have it dialed in. I DO LOVE my EXO bindings.

Yeah it's my offside that I'm struggling with. Watching videos of me I'm breaking at the waist coming out of the turn. Gonna try horton's numbers Saturday. I've got animals so binding adjustments are more limited. I would love the exo's but I've seen too much bad press. I'm thinking about stradas but i live in France and it's impossible to try things out. Even finding a dealer that sells stradas is very tough here.