Marcus is the coolest pro skier ever!

Horton

• Baller
I believe he skied over the rope at 6 ball and it pulled his hand into the ski. Cut a couple fingers off or did major damage. He was skiing a RC tournament at Cheyenne Lake many years ago. They medivac him to Loma Linda Hospital and fixed his hand. I could have some of the facts wrong but the above is close.

• Supporting Member

Hm -- This thread is sarcasm from line one, right? Tons of people hold their off hand like that, and I thought it was Horton trying to be funny*, but now it seems like everyone is taking it seriously so I'm wondering if I'm the fool here?

*I mean succeeding at being funny -- please don't ban me! :-)

• Administrators

MB had a loop of the rope crush his hand to the handle and then smashed by the ski in the 90s. He was lucky to not lose his fingers.

My dad (M.D.) was on site and called in a helicopter to get him to the hospital. (something like that)

• Administrators
I can't bring myself to look at that photo.... Bad! On the bright side we again have proof that MB is a secret Baller. ( I think he reads what I write and shakes his dreads in confusion)

• Baller
Hate to answer for Marcus, but he told me about it years ago. Like Dsmart said, he skied over the rope, the rope came tight and pulled his hand into the ski, trapping his fingers between the ski and handle.