Goode 9960 - Inserts drilled wrong

jaredH20

Just got my Goode 9960. I asked for the HO inserts. The front 2 inserts of the back plate have been drilled wrong. They are wider than normal, by about 7mm wide on each insert. Have tried, Strada, Reflex and Animals none of them line up. I am very annoyed after paying so much money and to have something like this happen its unacceptable. Does any one have Dave's number or some one else i can contact there as there office is closed.

Trying to make a temporary plan here.

Have now noticed that not even the front binding inserts are drilled incorrectly!! You can put a front binding on but wont be able to do the normal adjustments as some of the inserts are further forward then normal!On the front binding inserts the 2 back ones have been drilled one hole back from normal.

• Baller
Considering that the "inserts" are simply the plastic ones that expand in the core when inserting a sheet metal screw, I would order it blank, use brass inserts (soft wood) and make your own. Dave told me you can once again drill the skis so I see no need to order w/ inserts.

• Baller_

My buddy sent goode the actual Stradas, mesurements and a photo and they still got it wrong. He was unable to adjust it the proper distance from tail (their numbers not his) as all the holes were in the wrong place. Not only did they do that but when he sent it back they sent him a new one, this time correct, but did not send the Strada liner back with the ski. Rendering it unusable. Miserable experience with phone calls and to this day still no return emails. Got a close look at the ski today. They are not even threaded inserts. It's some kind of resin/plastic insert that a standard screw bites into. Can you say "strip". Rediculous!!!

Make them send you a new one!!!!!!

Well I mean they are working good. I am just a little bit worry of what will happen if i move binding a few time... Are they gone come loose? But until now it work great. Also the screw stay well in place. I use to have a Fisher and the screw always became loose...

• Baller

Can you drill new holes in the plate? Or set up a washer arrangement to use the holes in the ski? Binding plates need more holes (to lighten things up) are overbuilt and easily replaceable. Maybe a custom G10 plate will solve the problem so you can enjoy and trust your ski.

Eric

had to file new holes in my plate for basically every insert. Goode told me to go ahead and put new screws in where need be. I had to do this in 2 places, i'm also very worried that this form of insert will lose its thread, any one know why they just don't put bonded threaded inserts.

@icewebdan yes same problem, had about 7 sets on it only.

@MS seems like they going to, will be able to get more info later. When i asked why they don't use regular inserts they said because they rust?! i mean seriously thats a terrible excuse

• Baller

I used plastic inserts for a while. They worked quite well but eventually stripped out - my setups are more highly loaded and stressed than normal skis.

I did switch to metal inserts. Some of these have pulled out and stripped too. I make sure to use anti sieze to prevent corrosion problems. I also do have to occasionally replace the inserts.

I haven't seen the Goode inserts. If they strip out, maybe a brass insert will install nicely in the stripped plastic?

Eric

• Baller
I would order the ski blank without any inserts and put them in myself. It's easy to do as Jay says. I believe Fluid Motion use to sell the threaded inserts with an installation tool. I put some in for my Daughter years a go and it was really easy. If you just want to use the plastic ones, you can buy them at any hardware store and use stainless screws. It's not any harder than hanging a picture on the wall,

Remind me again why anybody would buy a Goode? I know some of you will say performance but seriously is it any better than a Radar, D3, HO, Connelly, etc.? It just doesn't make sense to me to have to order online and put up with this kind of crap when I can go down to my local pro shop and get anything taken care of by the staff or the factory who have a vested interest in keeping their dealers and customers happy.