CP from the boat at GoldRush

Horton

• Supporting Member
He seems to be accomplishing the same thing, though. Look how bent his inside arm is until the final moment of extension. Especially on the 1/3/5 side. One way or another it seems like all these top guys keep the rope with them until they absolutely must let it out.

• Baller

Hmmm, I posted a while back on another forum that I had heard he wasn't switching to the Nano and was told he for sure IS ON A NANO. Must be the black and orange version...

Also, after watching the TGas photos, notice how much better CP keeps the tip of the ski down at the completion of the turn. Has to be running an earlier line than TGas, doesn't he?

• Baller_
Could be the sticks. Traditional vs Wide ride (assuming Tgas has a nano painted wide ride) Tgas has a tighter radious turn and pulls longer to th ball. It's a shorter ski. By a lot so it makes sense. Tgas climbs up on the front of the ski ever so slightly in preturn. Chris is still straight and evenly balanced throughout. Look at Chris's intentional handle contol. Sticks it to his ribs with a level handle and rides the preturn. Reach is also very deliberate. Check the handle when he starts to initiate letting go. Different on both sides but the same each and every time.

• Administrators

I think TGas is on an R&D ski. Like a lot of pros, what he is on today may be what we get next year. Or they scrap it. That is what R&D is about.

Same with Terry Winter. The ski he was on at GoldRush is the ski that will be announced tomorrow. (yea I said it... announced Friday)

• Baller

CP is a monster. Fun to ski with, too. After my 28 off 36 opener I drop in the water. "I love your intensity, but you don't have to be 90 degrees to the boat at ALL TIMES!"

Razor1 gets on the platform and is working on his binding "Dude, your brother is a freak of nature...is he on 'roids?" Razor1 skis pretty well and when he really does what he is told, CP is bouncing up and down punching me in the shoulder screaming...this all between phone calls from his admiring fans (chicks for sure).

• Baller

@MS - Thanks for that. I expect we will see more of that. Personally, I have watched several local skiers (including Chet) on the Nano and they either look the same or worse than the ski they came off of. Chet has run fewer tournament 39s at this point this year than any of the previous 4 years (but says he loves the ski). Ed Hickey says the ski is better, but does not look as good to me. Even Chad looks to have the same issue (I know he just set the record on one) I've been seeing and that is that the ski seems to outrun the skier at the finish of the turn (sometimes). I've seen more rocked back, hold on I'm behind the ski, than I ever saw from these same skiers on last year's Goode. Maybe it's just a getting used to the differences thing, but those are my observations so far.

I never buy a first run ski. When the RS1 was released, at least 8 skiers at Okeeheelee bought one. Today, there is one skier riding one and the RS1 is called the most resold ski ever at our site. Time will tell if the Nano is superior or not.

• Baller

Roger brings up a good point with the Nano. Coming off the 9900 Mid, I expected a PB in the first week. Boy was I wrong. I have been on this ski for 2 months now, and feel I have just now finally got it set up right for me. That is after several fin changes and numerous wing / ventral combinations.

This is a very, very, high performance ski. It is extremely fast, extremely sensitive, and can turn unbelievably well. However, it has a extremely fine sweet spot that may take a lot of time to find. It has to be tuned for YOU. I had Dave Millers numbers, Chad Scotts, factory, etc. and had to go pretty far from those to find something that would keep the tail from unexpectedly coming out at 38. I have never had a ski react so much to the smallest changes in settings, be it bindings, fin, or wings. I sure have learned a lot in the process. I only hope now it will start paying off.

GOODE LUCK, ED