Reflex Bond

Nando

• Baller
I'm thinking of upgrading my ski (it's time) and have been leery of attaching my binding with velcro or Dual Lock, especially since a friend who is a 3M adhesives chemist questioned using Dual Lock to hold bindings on (and he worked on the product- he stated his question as, "You know that you remove the stuff with a heat gun, right? And you're putting it on a black ski and taking it out in the sun? Think about it.") Anyway, if going to a ski without inserts (Nano Mid, of course- what else doesn't have inserts?), would Reflex Bond be a good way to attach the bindings? At first glance, these look great, but the adhesive bond there seems kind of questionable, too. Anyone have any experience with them?

• Baller

No disrespect to your friend who is a chemist, but does he ski? I am not saying that I think that dual lock is the best way to mount bindings on a ski, but you certainly can't say it doesn't work in real world applications. The current men's and women's world record holders are held on their skis by dual lock. Goode skis are the most numerous at most tournaments and most have their bindings mounted by dual lock. I have also never heard of anyone removing it from their ski with a heat gun. Clear backed dual will just peal off, white foam will come off with a little rubbing, I won't use the black backed stuff b/c it's a pain.

Again, I am not saying it's the best way out there. I am just saying it does work.

• Baller
I used the Reflex bond a few years back to mount my plate to a Goode ski. It worked very well and I was much more confident in the product than Dual Lock. Never had much good luck with the velcro, though that could certainly be a product of my skiing style (or lack thereof!).

• Baller
3M guy is a pretty good recreational skier- rarely skis the course, but gets his -15 and a few at -22. Doesn't ski much because he's one of the top triathletes in his age group. Maybe the best athlete I've ever met. He was asking why I hadn't gone to a hard-shell binding, because he saw the advantages. He also asked about how the release was determined and thought most methods were a little too much trial and error- let's face it, even though most guys skiing with Dual Lock have it pretty much figured out, it's not quite as precise as a DIN setting. My best option may be a ski with inserts- I've got to try some skis before I figure our what direction I'm going. I have hardly skied for three years due to injuries to my ski partners and low water levels on my lake and the lakes I usually ski on. We're past those things, but getting the edge back is a process...

• Administrators
I used some reflex bonds.... well Click Bond is really the trade name for the product. I works but you need to really prep the surface and get a good bond to the ski. Can be tricky.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Can the Reflex Bond/Click Bond eventually be removed without damaging the top surface of the ski? I use the clear Dual Lock and it easily peels off the ski when you need to replace it.