Radar Strada 67 vs 68

Laz

• Baller

Hello,

I just tried a 68' in Strada and have yet to try a 67". I quite liked it but it was a very windy day and was hard to get a good assessment. My current ski is a 68" Connelly F1 which is getting a bit long in the tooth. I ski at 34mph, sometimes make 28' off and have pb of 5@32' off (oh, will I ever get there again?).

I am about 185 lbs. According to the Radar website, a 67" is 160-190 lbs and a 68" is 180 to 210 lbs. Should I go with the 68" because I ski at 34mph?

What does BOS recommend?

Thanks.

• Administrators

I think the Strada runs a little big. I am 190ish this year and my next Strada will be a 67. I think it is a safe bet. If you can demo on smooth water and feel it your self

Would be cool if you purchased that Strada from Marine Products.

• Baller

My question is how should I make this decision? My skiing is not consistent enough to decide based on "feel". Something objective would be help. Horton says that the Strada runs a little big, recommending a 67.

Is 34mph vs 36mph a factor?

Laz

• Baller
I am in the same boat (so to speak) except with a D3 Nomad RCX. I liked my brother's 2006 Nomad, and am liking this 69 RCX I found all right, but now that I have it, I wonder whether I might like a 67. I am just going to ski on this one a while and see. If I find a 67 to try, I may just to see the difference. But I bet I would have to caliper the fins to even all that out to make it a fair test.

• Baller
I agree on the Strada's being large. I'm 220 and bought a 69.5 and have come to the conclusion it's too big for me at 34(22-35). Ended up on a 68 Fusion and digging it.

• Baller
The previous Strada's felt large but I think the 2012 version matches the size chart well. I'm 200 and skied the 67" last year but I'm liking this year's 68". @Laz you are on the bubble but with the info you've provided I think you'll consistantly run 28 more often on the 2012 68".

• Baller

I ski at 36 mph currently and weigh around 200 and used to ski a 67.5 and the extra .5 made a big difference (good), but with your weight I would imagine that a 67 would be plenty.

I love my new strada by the way.