Trick Ski RTP - Where can I get one?

unksskis

• Baller
What options are there for the standard old back toe plate/wrap for a single trick ski? I have seen the D3 Invert plate (Performance Ski and Surf), and can't really find any other options. I thought Wiley's would have one, but can't seem to find it on their website. Also couldn't find any at the booth in Nationals, which I thought would be a prime spot someone would be needing/looking for one. Thank you.

• Baller

Those trick plates are heavy and restrict your foot. A simple band across the foot is lighter, allows more movement and cheaper. Add a light heel strap for twisting flips.

Use the plate if you share the ski with someone who skis the other foot.

Or just use nonskid until you start doing W5s and ski lines. Your weight and control should be on the front foot!

Eric

• Baller

The strap is just a regular rear toe rubber that gets cut down so your foot is not held in very tight. I primarily cut the front of the toepiece to make the strap about 2" wide. Stan likes it about 3" wide. The overlay on the toepiece is worthless so I remove it even when I'm setting up the toepieces for the college teams (who share skis).

The heel strap is a bicycle innertube clamped under the hardware. I don't use one but Kirk does.

Zippy posted a picture of the ski and binding I set up for him. No idea where but maybe he will post again. Richard?

Eric

• Baller

I haven't used Performance so I don't know them. Wileys has replacement rubber and I have gotten parts from them. But any source for a rear toe kicker replacement rubber should work. West Marine might have some in stock in a store. Or scavenge the rubber off some combos.

Personally, I bought a sheet of binding rubber and cut my own. I make the hardware out of 1/8" plastic, 2" long and 1/2" wide (in a pinch I've used popsicle sticks and they've worked quite well!). I pad under the foot with foam nonskid. It helps to mount the setup on scrap plywood first to get the right feel.

If this sounds hokey, remember on a trick ski your weight should be primarily on the front foot. Most people do not need a massive rear toe.

Eric

• Baller

Hi unksskis,

I have a couple of trick skis here and it is always a chore for me to get it right...bought a Quantum with the rear holes on the ski for the rtp.

Here is a link:http://www.masterlineusa.com/Quantum-Skis/Quantum-Bindings/Dynamic-Rear-Trick-Plate-Binding

I also have a Goodman that needs a rear binding but there are no holes for it so I am going to use velcro or Reflex bonds to mount it.

I like velcro (industrial strength from Wal-mart) so I can move it into the best position.

D3 also has one that I now use on my Quantum...and Trick systems sells the rubber that straps the heel in for inverts (not that I can do them with my back...)

http://www.d3skis.com/product-p/94190.htm