Rubber seals on O'neill psycho suits

OSSKI

• Baller

I have cut the lower legs off of an old o'neill psyco suit of mine to get a really warm suit with short legs. I actually cut the suit off just below the knee, and intend to roll the few inches left below the knee back above the knee to create a sort-of cuff which is still fairly tight.

My question is if anyone knows what the rubber stuff O'neill uses on the seams is, and whether it's available in hardware stores so I can get some to put around the inside of the new leg ends just above the knee, and also to put over some worn areas.

I know it's a bit late to ask now I've made the cut but has anyone else actually done this themselves before?

Thanks, Owen

www.swervetracker.com

• Baller
Don't know what they use but there is some spray in stuff called Plasti Dip that you can get at Lowe's, etc.  It goes on and sets up like rubber.  I use it to patch and protect my Intuition liners.  It works great.  I think it would create a good seal on the skin if you were to spray a band of it on the inside surface of the leg bottom.  It cost about $8 or $9.

• Baller

You can also get it in a can and use a brush. It's thicker in the can. Also, get a jar with a screw on cap to pour the contents into to preserve it. They only give you a plastic cover to put over the can and it will dry up.

Works great on wetsuits and liners. Just did the seams on my Goode Intuition liners for my Powershells.