2004 LXI> 2010 LXI?

Ilivetoski

• Baller
Ok so just wondering for other's opinions on this, I own a 2004 LXi, after skiing behind almost every ski boat this year, I actually find that the 2004 LXi beats most of them. Destroys even 2011 MC for sure and the newer LXi's, I swear are larger and harder wakes than my older LXi. Only boat's that I felt were better were a Nautique 200 and a Carbon pro.

• Baller_
Tru Jack, the TXi is very, very good, you should try it and yes I would upgrade to that if you are looking to purchase a boat. I found the wake excellent at all line length's, softer than the LXi & LX, less dish at short line length's and less bump at the 15-22 length's. I totally agree with Scott on boat weight, the target today should be not a lot over 2000 # with newer materials and lighter powertrain availability (unfortunately, that has an effect on cost as both are more $) if one is specifically targeting a hard core slalom crowd. The Carbon Pro is a good example that it can be done assuming the 2100# number is correct. The 2004 LXi is right around 2800# as the hull configuration is consistent (takes the same amount of material) for all LXi's.

• Baller
I owned a 2006 Response then a 2008 and felt the 2008 had better wakes. It felt like it rode more on top of the water and was more sensitive to balance. With only a driver aboard we used to ballast it using bag(s) of play sand or the wake would be really hard one way.

• Baller

I've heard people on this board reference "97-99 SN" as a hull generation multiple times. Just as an FYI the hull you are referring to went from 97-01. There was just a graphics change in 00-01.

Modern SN Hull Generations: 82-89 ("2001"), 90-96 (No Wake Zone), 97-01 (TSC 1), 02-06 (TSC 2), 06-09 (TSC 3)

That aside, the 03-06 RLXi is a damn fine boat in all ways. IMO far superior to the current RLXi.

• Baller
From '97 onward the SN 196 wake, spray, tracking are as good or better than anything produced today for a guy like me who runs 34 mph, 28 into 39 on occasion. Have not skied Txi, but recently have skied 'Bu LX, SN 196, MC 197, 'Bu LXi, and SN200's w/different props. Splitting hairs, though, as all the current wakes are muy bueno and I don't believe I have a better chance at a big score behind one vs. the other.