Hardshell binding help for size 13

AkBob

• Baller
I'm stuck. I would like to try Goode powershell 5. The large size is too small. Tried Fluid Motion a few yrs ago... not good for me. Went to Wiley's, decent to good, lacked some adjustability. I am on comfy Strada boots, I don't like entry exit headaches and they feel sloppy. Reflex says they go to size 12only. Fogman does have a 13 and appears to look similar to Goode.... never have seen a Fogman and have no experience. Certainly there is someone on this forum that has been down this path. I did try going down to a 12 on the Strada and that was too tight. I have kind of a low volume foot shape... about a 13 c/d width with no arch or instep issues. Suggestions??? Direction to a knowledgable binding person?? Thanks

• Baller
I have not tried Superfeet.... I have the insole that came with the Strada. I tried molding following Strada instructions. One suggestion was to heat the liner up outside of the shell to " swell it up" and try that.... Might be my next attempt

• Baller
I have looked at their chart.... I guess I will contact H2osmosis and visit with them. It appears, from a recent picture in Waterski Magazine that Chris Parrish is on that binding. He is a big guy and probably has feet to match.

• Baller
I don't get it!! Apparently Dave Goode also has size 13 feet. My friend just got some Large PS5's for his size 12 foot. I took the liners out of his shells, put my hoof in there, and my heel touched the plastic in the back, and my toes touched the plastic in the front WITH NO LINERS. I tried the boots on with his 12 liners and I could not buckle the darn things let alone ski in them. Maybe I should see an orthopod and solve this once and for all!! How valuable are toes past the knuckle??

• Baller
Wow, Thanks for the input.. I haven't looked at the HO EXO either. Not much opportunity to try options on in Alaska. Next trip out, I will find a dealer with some selection. Shipping costs are awful for failed attempts and returns. Wiley's is pretty close and they have been nice to deal with over the yrs.. Again, thanks for your input, you guys are awesome.