Moomba

Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Well Moomba is a little over a month away. Mr Larkin is the reigning slalom champion, Any predictions of who might win?

Being an official for the event I have to stay neutral but it will be interesting to see what you all have to say.

Also Regina will be making her reappearance after a two year layoff from the event any women's slalom predictions?

• Baller_

Challenging conditions!!! An understatement. The Yarra river water ski site has the potential to be the most hostile stretch of water in all of tournament waterskiing. On the other hand I have seen at extreme low tide ski it like a mill pond. A number of years ago when the overall was still paying $$$ I was boat judge for a prelim slalom rd, Jarret pulled out for his gates on his opening pass in rollers off the wall (extreme high tide) and yard sale-ed out by ball one, very nasty back wash.

On Monday finals their can be so much debris in the water it congregates at the south end slalom gates and two ball at slack tide. You can hear the stuff bouncing off the boat.

The whole event is truly a masterpiece of determination and focus for the skiers. It never ceases to amaze me as to how well these skiers perform under some of the craziest conditions at this event.

Again these skiers are the best the world has to offer and they always seem to bring out the best they can offer... And the crowd goes wild!!!!

Be their if you can, you will not go away disappointed!

• Administrators

If I had to bet I would say the whole field is going to be tighter this year. I expect it will be a lot harder to stand out in the top 15.

As for Moomba:

Larkin and Smith were huge in 2011. We know that both of these guys can rock no matter the temp or conditions. They are the favorites.

I would assume that Asher not being on top will have the same results as poking a hungry Kodak bear. Pretty sure he is not afraid of a few rollers or beer bottles at the ball.

In events like this no one talks about CP any more. We all think he is the king of back yard perfect conditions events. A little birdie has me thinking that he wants to change that and may have a plan.

Don’t forget that Travers won the Masters. That is not exactly a smooth water event.

T-Gas should be another fav for this event.

And then there are the wild card skiers like Adam Sed.

Moomba is 50% crap shoot and 50% balls out slalom

• Administrators

A more fun question is Men's Jump. Freddy is the target. Personally I like Freddy but the sport is boring when he always wins.

Dodd is hungry.

Strange - I do not see Zack on the invite list. Is that right?

• Baller_

Due to some live TV coverage and taping of the event a webcast is probably not going to be available.

Jump is always the finale at Moomba and that is when the crowd is the biggest! Jumpers get pretty amp-ed up in the finals. The tension on the start dock is very high but for the most part they encourage each other and look out for one another the best they can.

Always the highlight of the Moomba Men's jump final and Night Jump Final....