Radar Lyric question

Marco

• Baller

I am going to buy a pair of Radar Lyric bindings for my wife, but have a couple questions that I can't find the answers to on the online stores.

Is there a left and right boot? It doesn't appear so on the websites.

Is there a difference between the front and rear boot, (other than the plate)? The Radar website only refers to front boots, but offer a front and rear featherlight or aluminum plate.

Also, if anyone has a used pair, size small, with the rear aluminum plate for a D3, I may be interested as well.

Any input greatly appreciated.

• Baller

My daughter has them. They are NOT foot specific. Depending on which plate you go with, you might want to make sure it will fit the ski. Looks like there are a couple Ski it again. I may be wrong, but I believe in the Small size feather frame, you might encounter some limitations as to what skis they will fit.

If it is of any help, my daughter is a womens 8 1/2, and is in the smalls (Standard size had just a bit too much slop for her foot).

• Baller

@davemac- Thanks for the info. By saying they are not foot specific, I assume you mean a Lyric boot can be either for a right or left foot, as well as for either a front or rear foot???

I do know that the front "Feather Frame" will fit any ski, but the rear needs to have the aluminum plate if it is not munted on a late model Radar.

I saw the front small boot on Ski It Again that will work, but I'll need to find a small rear on the aluminum plate that will fit a D3.

My wife is a size 8, so the smalls should be perfect.

• Baller
@marco- yes, they can be used for either foot. One thing to consider.. I do not know whether it is advisable to mix feather frame w/ aluminum plate. Radar advertises the feather frame as "1/3 lower, 1/3 lighter". I'm thinking the "1/3 lower" refers to the footbed, meaning that the other Lyric (on an aluminum plate) would be on a different plane. Not sure how significant that would be.

• Baller
@davemac- Thanks for the info and the email. Good point about the lower/lighter issue of the feather frame. I saw the smalls on the feather frame on ski it again, but since I need the aluminum rear plate, I'm going to go aluminum front and back as you suggested. I found some 2011 closeout versions at a decent price, so I think I m going to go that route.