Suggestions for boat loan?

skifreak

• Baller

Hi all! Just wanting to get some feedback from anybody who's gotten a boat loan. My husband and I are shopping loans now and are curious who others have used. Any input on rates, closing time, how you get the money, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Katie Fennell

Well I normally pay cash for everything, or tried to pay cars off in a year etc, but with building a house I can barely afford and needing to pay top dollar to get zero off... It looks like I have no choice!

BTW, we did find a local credit union that was almost 2% lower then what we had found online, yay!

• Baller
Also, Keven, while I'm sure you are really set on a new 200 or TXI, or 197, consider older boats with the Z-box. I'm not here to tell you how to spend your money, but just don't overlook all your options! So far, the Z-box has been great. Now I just wish I was skiing better.

• Baller
Used my home eq line as well for a truck, a car, and a boat. Prime rate which is low right now and tax deductible interest at year end. Make larger pay-offs or smaller payments as I see fit. Once I paid it in full I moved my student loans there so I could deduct the interest as well.