Buckeye Buoy Tour

• Baller
I would be interested in skiing in more Ohio tournaments, but most of them are on the other side of the state. I wanted to enter the state champs, but I work that weekend, and travel is not in the budget right now.. Ohio has some really nice ski lakes.

• Baller
Greg, which lake will it be on? I know there may be one at Bellalago around 8/11. I would come to the Ohio State Championships this year, but I work that weekend. I am hitting the PA state champs since I am off that weekend.

BBT looks awesome. It looks like Indiana is doing something similar with the Hoosier Buoy Tour and I might have to join the fun if I can get the time off. There needs to be a Buckeye vs Hoosier Shootout at the end of the year. Having the chance to throw down against Ohio skiers might be the way to get me involved in organized skiing ;)

• Baller
Sunday will be Indiana's first ever Hoosier Buoy Tour event. Special thanks to Greg Kuenning for his willingness to help. What a great thing they have going in Ohio hopefully the Hoosier Buoy Tour will be half as successful. Stay tuned to the IWSA website for future tour announcements. Also, there have already been talks of a future event between the two states. Bryan

• Baller

Yeah, we encouraged Indiana to model their tour as closely to ours as possible so that in the future we can potentially have some cross-over events. Any states interested in setting up something similar are welcome to contact me and I'll download you on everything you need!

I'm on my way to the first BBT stop right now and heading over to Indiana on Saturday night to help them get their's kicked off. Look for the results on Ball of Spray next week!

• Baller
@AB Team Buoyheads made a great attempt at Run the Gamut! What a fun format. Way to pull out that 32! I still can't figure out how the last (winning) team won by such a wide margin even though they had the same number of transitions. McClure running 36 was impressive.

• Baller

@ScarletArrow, I think we had the best team cheer, by a wide margin.

For all those hanging out in Ohio waiting to get involved, hook up with one of the BBT's, it is well run and geared to be low pressure and a good experience for all. The team challenge was a great way to get skiers watching and rooting for other skiers that they may have just met for the first time. I had a lot of fun, even though I am not even close to tournament shape. Anchoring the 32 off pass cold off the dock for my team and running it after missing it earlier was a fantastic way to end the day.

There were skiers there running the short course, skiers in their first tournament, and qrizzled old timers. We saw possibly the first 38-off by a female skier run in the state, and serveral PB's at all levels. The weather coorperated finally and it was an awesome day for a first-ever tournament at my home away from home lake.

Other states should pay close attention to what is going on here. @GK has done a terrific job getting this off the ground and running at full speed ahead.

The team format:

skiowsa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=736&Itemid=67

• Baller
Details of the finals are on the front page. It was a lot of fun and it's funny that @AB, @ScarletArrow, and I all ended up on the same team. Stop #2 format... "Spin It to Win It".

• Baller
BBT Stop #2 is FULL. 48 skiers, Head-to-Head w/loser's bracket down to a 15 skier final where they'll spin it to win it one pass below their average. Should be a good time!