Trick Ski Questions?

guitarcarr

Ok, going to borrow a trick ski from a friend this weekend!!! A couple of questions if anyone know about such things!

1) How do you deepwater start? Like slalom or like wakeboard(I also wakeboard besides my slalom skiing)?

2) What speed is good?

3) Line Length?

• Baller
You can get up dragging your rear foot or with both feet in. I would start out a little slower than 18 I would start out at 16 or so depending on your size and how big the ski is then speed up a little as you get more stable. 15 or 22 off would work fine

• Baller
Depending on size until you get stable, 17 - 18mph would be fine. Start by getting stable on the ski and then work on simple things like jumping one wake at a time (jump from in to out, then out to in off each wake). Don't start with tricks right away. Get comfortable with riding the ski and getting balanced. You have to learn how to use the edges to move around instead of a fin. Also learn to ride the ski with more weight on the front foot and shoulders over the front foot, not leaning back like on a slalom ski. The most important thing is to have fun.

Bent, flexible knees means the ski tracks straight....keep stiff legs and it will be like wet ice. Start with one leg dragging behind and don't panic (go to quick) to put your rear foot in. Since the rear toe is usually twisted 45 degrees or so the set up will dictate which foot is forward. If you're generally the opposite foot forward it's ok to just stand ON the rear toe. Better that way then the 'wrong foot' forward for you. At 170 I'd recommend 16-18 mph with the rope between 15-22 off to start. At that speed the wakes will be better at 22 off. Remember going faster will make the wakes closer together but it tends to make the ski feel more and more 'slick'. Better to start slower. Have fun!