117th to 89th in 2 tournaments

Roger

• Baller
I've been struggling with 35 off since ZO came out. I bought a ZO boat at the beginning of last season and the last couple of months have been running 35 quite a bit. However, couldn't seem to get past 4 ball in a tournament and had a ranking score of (you guessed it) 94. Well, at the Palm Bay Record a couple of weeks ago I got through it for 1 @ 38 and then again in our C Class club tournament (1 @ 38 again). This gave me a new ranking score of 96 and jumped me quite a number of slots on the ranking list. New goal is 100 buoys :)

• Baller

Nice skiing!Wish i would improve as much...Still can't run 35 5 years after running 32 for the first time...

How does that scoring system work? (How do you translate 4@35 in total bouys?)

Congrats!Skiing at Okeeheelee must be fun!!!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

Thanks, it does feel good. I had a number of 2 @ 38 scores before ZO came out. At 180lbs, I'm over the 170lbs limit I feel that ZO starts to have a real effect on skiers. So, it took a bit of time to alter my style and get in sync with ZO.

@Andre - if you look in your Regional Guide (or look on usawaterski.org), you will find the buoy count system. It starts counting at your slowest allowed speed and long-line. A full pass at 35 off in my division (Men 5) is 96 buoys.

• Baller_

Good job Roger!

I too went up from the last level to level 6 (402-251) in two tournaments but!!! I just have not skied tournaments that much in the last three years, Thank you Zero Off!!!

Learning how to ski like the guy that developed the system is a bitch plane and simple but to me it seems maybe the system has changed for 2012 ?!?!? Seems a bit less over reacting and not so much Zoom Zoom if you just dont ski Right. Then again it just could be the stars lined up and I got lucky!

• Baller
Nice to hear from you Jody. Not sure if ZO has changed (don't think so), but my style has certainly changed. I'm sking much more open (shoulders down course) and hooking up more behind the boat rather than right off the ball (like I used to be able to get away with using PP). Glad you're skiing better too!

• Baller
@Horton - I always try new skis in the late season (after Nationals, usually after our September Record). I'm currently on an Orange Fischer I bought new last season from Ty Oppenlander (since he changed sponsers). I haven't tried the Razer yet, but it's on my list...