EXO´s on a Razor

DanE

• Baller

Have developed a method for mounting HO EXO sytem on any ski that has a core (will be a challenge on the hollow skis emerging)

The drill/molding template has a rocker line close to a ski so it lays flat on the ski while drilling/molding.

Scooped some foam core out of the ski under the top sheet around each hole, filled with reinforced epoxi wich acts as a plastic reinforcement molded into the core, sunk the inserts in with the template- cured for 24 h-done.

Ski became much better without the adaptor plates.

b45f3143aa5a2800e7022d097d84e7.jpge3028b0530356bd3eb38773573ad60.jpg6ef3e42755d272858ef94e4348d587.jpg40227ec234af1078b5dda8c95ab196.jpg

• Baller

Imo the Exo system is the best hardshells so far (tried ski-tech, Fogman Diablos and Radar RS-1 well, the Radars are hybrids but still are shells with liners).

I never got to terms with the weird feeling that the liners sheer slightly from the shells (foot can twist inside the boot slightly without changing the skis angle) and also the shell itself can wiggle a bit atop the plate making the ski connection suffer.

The Exos don´t have these issues, liner and footbed fit perfectly in shells and the boots stands directly on the ski on a wide surface so no slop in the connection there either.

Would like to try the Form shells though as I think the Pros may be unessecarily stiff ( I just don´t crank them down too hard so not really a problem).

• Baller
@danE Why not just get the adapter plate? You can mount it to any ski and it works great. I also agree that the EXO system is top notch and getting better each year, They continue to upgrade when they find problems. (metel clips to replace plastic. better bar) and......... it releases when it should!!!!

• Baller

@ntx I have the adapter plate, I believe it makes the ski too stiff especially in the forebody.

Adapter plate works well enough to try new skis and get a general idea what to expect, but once I decide- bring out the drill.

Imho, offside turn became very sensitive to execution with the adaper plate, front plate is very stiff