Skiing Salt Water for a few days . . . Anyone else ever ski salt?

sunvalleylaw

• Baller
Visiting family and will hopefully get to ski with my brothers out in Puget Sound. I have not been on salt water since last year and it will be interesting. I have always liked the feel, and look forward to playing with leveraged position. Anyone else ever play in the primordial ooze?

• Baller
I have been skiing in salt water for the last 15 years. The ski will accelerate a little faster and be a little hard to slow down. I use to take a little (.02) tip out at tournament but dont bother anymore. The biggest difference is mental, if you think it is harder it will be... if not, it won't be. I run mid 38 in salt water and mid 38 in fresh water.

• Baller

thanks for the remarks guys. I grew up skiing salt water so knew what to expect in terms of feel. I wondered who else skied it.

had my first run of vacation today on the salt and my new to me ski felt great! quick edge change and the ski swings out for me nicely. felt like it came around smoothly for me allowing me to get into a better leveraged position too. Felt like home!

now I just need to learn how to make my fresh water runs feel like that!