Nano one not the one at Nationals!!

bhs

• Baller

It only placed second in the open men's division! And the big winner is.... AM skis! With Radar third and D3 fourth......

In all seriousness congratulations to Parrish, Parson, Rossi and Nate for their performances in the open division at nationals.

• Baller

Thanks, I went and found it.

2012 Nationals' Boat Draw

Slalom

MasterCraft: G3, W3, W7-11, M9-11, OW, B2, M2, M4

Nautique: W2, W5, W6, B1, B3, M5, M7-M8, MM

Malibu: G1, G2, W1, W4, M1, M3, M6, OM

Jumping

MasterCraft: G3, W1, W2, B2, M2, MM

Nautique: W3, W4, W6-11, B3, M3, M5, OM

Malibu: G2, W5, OW, M1, M4, M6-11

• Supporting Member

Curious if that's Nick's highest finish ever? We all know the skier is more important than the ski, but if a ski is giving a skier a relative advantage, then that's the portion that is attributable to the ski.

Btw, I won't be suprised at all if the 33 is a completely amazing ski. I'm almost sure the Nano One is, despite how I managed to mess it up this morning.

I still think there's a chance that 2012 is remembered as The Year of the Ski, with a barrage of semi-revolutionay entries.

• Baller

Than,

Nick skied the best I have ever seen him ski on the N1. I paid close attention to him and CP, since I am trying to decide between the N1 and the AM33 for next season. Both skis really seem to turn better than any other ski I have seen. You had to see Parrish turn at 39 and 41 to believe it though.....ED

• Baller

@Than my post was tongue and cheek in regards to the ski. The recent discussion on the board regarding what the open men ski and what we ski was my motivation. Im sure the skis are similar in shape, but flex? Horton said Nick likes to grind and what version of 33 is Parrish is on? At a recent tournament it was "rumored" that Nick was on a different ski then the N1. Also Ed said he had never seen Parrish ski better, I'm sure he looks good but I heard this when he skied the Elite, Goode and now AM.

Bottom line, all these guys are awesome and could win on any given day and on different skis... Hope we get some video!

• Baller

What looked different for both Nick and CP about their turns were that they were really tight. Very small radius turns. CP had to have the tightest, smallest radius turn I have EVER seen at 39 & 41.

Both of them just set tremendous angle after the tight turns.

• Baller_
With such tight radios turns, they must carry a ton of speed through it or it would look like days of old. Ski to the buoy, crank the turn (almost stopping the ski), grab some slack and launch. How did the runoff break down in line lengths and seeding.

• Supporting Member

Btw, any chance the thread title is a tip of the hat to Zathras, the Babylon 5 character who famously says "Not the one" several times in season 2(ish) and we have no effin' clue who he is or what he's talking about until about season 4?

If not, it should be. Babylon 5 was awesome.