Should the Big Dawg be run at night?

bhs

• Baller

The balls look cool and Todd R skied real well, thought he might run 41, but it's hard to see video of the skiers. Also it seemed like the scores were higher during the prelim run during the day.

Do the skiers like it?

The spectators?

If Todd ran 41 would it count has a record run at night?

• Baller
I thought it was cool to see, probably awesome seeing it in person. That being said, I'd rather see it during the day, the webcast would be a lot easier to watch. I would think the skiing would have been better too. If the spectators like the night show, and it gets more people to watch, I'd say keep it.

• Baller
@bhs Yes, it would count as a record if it was sanctioned as an e/l/r, which I'm sure it was. Same requirements apply at night for record approval as they do during the day. They were running at full speed(I timed it) so if the boat path was good, the video was there, and the skier rounded the buoys, there's nothing stopping a record.

• Baller

@LeonL I was curious, I wasn't sure if you were standing at 1 ball could you still see 6. Thanks for your feedback.

What I wanted to see was more battles at 41, which we never saw. I would think based on the prelims all those skiers were capable.

Harold missed his gates.

Chad, Chet and Andy, all more then capable of running 39( how many times did Chad run it in TX) but missed 39 in the finals... All because of running at night?

I really don't want to sound like sour grapes, loved watching the finals on webcast and sharing the experience with some non skiing friends. I would watch if it were run at night, morning or during the day!

Thank you to BD, Correct Craft and all who made it happen!

One last thought, Andy, please ski in more Big Dawgs, I'm sure the competitors loved it and as a spectator it was great to watch you ski again!

• Baller_
Dawg at night is very cool. Would not change it for anything. Have seen it twice in person. Nothing better and in FL heat (and sun burn) it's the best for spectators. Gets people to drive in off the street that's never been before. Very good for the sport. It's not about battles at 41. The atmosphere is just battles. Great battles. Technology for video will only get better with time. From one yr to the next. Could be in HD by the next time. Ive seen it on the shores in the day. It's still good but it's really not as cooll to watch. Keep it under the lights. Oh and Todd R damn near set the record. He WAS in great shape at 3 ball and even 4. I dont think it gets better then that. I would add that I have seen much bigger crowds for the this. But it poorer rain and delayed things. Was a great event to see.

• Baller
Night events are fun, but how many guys can actually practice under those conditions? For that reason, it seems like a couple of night events make the series more interesting, but I'd prefer to see the finals in the daytime to get the best performances. Given the performances these guys throw out there, they handle the darkness pretty well, but it seems like the best performances come in the best conditions...

• Baller
I have never been there, but I would think from a spectator's perspective (and maybe a competitor's too), it would be good to keep it rolling and finish it under the lights. The final contestants are determined under natural light so we have the best on that day finishing it out. Then it is a great, fun event under the lights. I would bet more lights would help with web cast. A course is not wider than Olympic stadium in Britain, and that place was lit up plenty well for webcast. As is every high school football field in the country on Friday night in the fall. Those guys have to catch passes dropping on them from out of the light. So though it is harder, it is doable. I think it makes for a fun event.