Random thoughts on 2013 products seen at the Nationals.

Wish

• Baller_

New S2 is ugly. They softened the flex. 

A3 looks goooood.  Interesting that they managed to keep a 5 stage rocker in the tunnel and maintained a continuos rocker in the rails. New front end to reduce weight and do little else. HOs "Strada" like boots....awesome

AM ski actually sounds very hollow when you tap it. Still think upgrading graphics would be nice. And boot plate. Andy was selling the ski he used in the BD finals. Wonder if he would have if he'd won?

Goode N1 in person does not look better. First words out of my wife's mouth..."this must be the defective blemished rack" as she ran her hand on what looked to be crumpled up carbon fiber. Not good when you have to explain why it's not.  I'm guessing they had to do a lot of that in that tent. They did have a great looking, thin roped handle. Wouldn't wanna drop it in the lake though. All black. Didn't see a power vest but wasn't looking. 

Connelly getting away from the wood look. That's to bad. I guess orange is the new mahogany. Love the hardshelish boots. In speaking with the engineer, we both thought if your going to go hardshell, higher up on ankle equates to a safer system. And a release system, well that's up in the air on safety. Mine do not release. Off the record, we both like that idea. 

Mastercraft has made THE best looking boat. Interior looks that of a Bentley. A light chestnut brown. Not a big fan of silver metal flake but it worked. Been better in black flake or flake color matching the interior. 

Nautiques new look....going in the wrong direction. Kinda like the big "N".  The subtle vertical striping on the side are not so subtle any more. Everything else was nice!!

The wet suite materials used now are just amazing.  Not your dads rubber suite anymore.

Malibu much much better looking boat then the previous yrs boats with the holes in window frame.   Some color schemes good, some not so good like all silver metal flake with a black stripe. All in all... nice. 

Want an Eagle vest sooooo bad now. How far away is Chistmass? 

Radar Vice gloves (clinchers) still fit stupid tight when new. You will be happy if they fit like that new because when wet, it's perfect.  Strada.. Held one. It is light and bright!!! Still digen it. All of them on the rack together (20) or so did look like something you would see diverting traffic in major construction zone.

That new mirror (can't remember the name) is awesome when compared directly to a standard one. And their display allowed for that. 

So what does the new changes in the A3 equate to?

Almost had my mind set on the HO EXO system with a lower back cuff but am nervous as it seems like no body is using this system. There new Strada like Boots aka the APEX look great. Will you come out of them if you fall tho?

Currently using a very tired strada boot in the back with a reflex front. I enjoy being able to come forward easily with the strada boot so maybe changing just the back strada boot with the Apex will be better then changing to an Exo system.

• Baller
Here's some intel from someone on the inner circle of HO: the A3 isn't close to being ready. Obviously, the goal is to make it better than the A2. But apparently, it's just not there yet. So if you're looking to make a switch NOW to a new ski, take the A3 off your list. I know they were taking pre-orders at Nationals, but you could end up waiting months on this one. I'm sure when it comes out though, it will be better than anything HO has ever put out.

• Baller

Additional observations from Nationals:

- @Scoke and his woman are super cool people

- The 2013 SN 200 graphics are killer

- The Malibu TXI has an amazing wake

- Met several ballers, all were awesome

- Okaheelee (sp) is badass, I want to move here

- It rains hard here

- I sweat a lot here

- People ski really good

- A lot of Goode waterskis here

- Skiing under the lights is some my life dream

- A lot of different "styles" that get the job done

• Baller_

@jarodH2O What I liked about the boots

1 they cut the bottom out in the plate at the heal and the ball o the foot. Rubber and foot cousion is all that between u and the ski. Makes for a much lighter boot and you can feel the ski under foot.

2 no liner. Foot just comes out (if upper laces r not cranked down) of boot. No bootys that can slide around a bit.

3 slightly more straight up and down upper cuff vs slanted forward for better release.

3 build looked and felt durable stiff and supportive.

• Baller_
A3 supposed to get more width do to the rocker and rail combo. Also self levels in preturn if u get up on tip or back on tail. Has to do with the depth of the tunnal just in font of front boot and just behind rear boot.

• Baller
When I saw the pics for the 13 MC 197 Tournament Team, I said to myself that I didn't care how it skis because it looks pimp. The black/silver/gold is bada$$ but as I understand it you can order any color combo but the silver metalflake stripe is mandatory for a TT.