Who carries a sweep hand stop watch that you can wind up (no batteries required)

Horton

• Administrators
"Who carries a sweep hand stop watch that you can wind up (no batteries required) and force your observer to hang over the side of the boat. When an orange buoy passes under his hand he starts the stopwatch, when a green boat guide passes under his hand he clicks the small split button on the side, and when the second orange buoy goes under his hand he clicks stop"

• Administrators

I confess I hardly remember using a mechanical watch but I sure timed a lot of boats with a digital.

Speaking of digital timers... there was the chick that @Dirt was really hot for with in college. She would time at tournaments... she had lots of all the right stuff in all the right places and would time in a tiny bikini with her rear high over the side of the boat. Good times.

• Baller
Being a 25 year watchmaker I know that most mechanical watches are nowhere near accurate!! I did See a Tag Heur Stopwatch at one stage though that had the different Speeds marked on the dial in different colours. Basically as long as the hand fell in the zone of the relevant speed it was in tolerance.

We were always WAY more advanced than the "No Batteries Required" stopwatch...

Moved on to a Robic Speed Timer about 12 yeas ago.

Even had it wired to a trigger switch on the steering wheel so as not to antagonise

the observer with yet another thinking task.

35f1b44a25d1464627ba1939566852.jpg

http://timerspedometersstopwatches.robictimers.com/item/timers-with-several-functions/sc-554w-30-memory-speed-timer/87925?&bc=100|1012|1088

• Baller_
Wow that photo of the stop watch is a memory trigger. I had the gray one. I mounted It to the inside side of the boat right where the end of the throttle ended up at 36mph. My wife and chef driver would trigger it with one finger of the throttle hand when the bouy would pass the winshield frame in a spacific spot. Even split times. She was so good at throttling, steering and timing that she gave me major pushback on investing in a PP system. It was as if I was telling her she wasn't good enough. And we all know that mindset set never turns out well for the parties involved...

• Baller_
see Hortons first Dec 8th post...... @SM you hang your iPhone off the side of an old ski boat wearing a tiny bikini with your a$$ in the air while timing the boat!!!???? Note to self...: do not ski with SM if he has an iPhone and an old boat!!