Kansas ski lakes/skiers ?

kpickett

• Baller

Hi folks,

I'm in Topeka for a job interview. I won't know for quite a while whether I'll get the job, but does anyone know if there are any ski lakes, clubs, housing developments in the Topeka area? Any BOS skiers out here?

Thanks very much.

Kyle Pickett

there's a lake in topeka with a course on it that i've heard of a buddy skiing on in the past, but i'd suggest talking to the people at MoKan in Lawrence. Current president of the site is Todd Bays and when I was talking to them last week it sounded like they still have memberships available. The lake in Emporia is Super Lake, owned by Jason Lewis' family [an old Kansas University waterskiier]. They let my old team [kansas state] ski down there a good while back. They aren't BOSers, but if you need anybody's contacts let me know!

• Baller

@kpickett I'm in Kansas myself, about a half hour south of Olathe. I know there are AWSA guys in the Topeka area but I don't really have any direct contact with any of them. I know they have tournaments there too but don't have any other details. If you land in Topeka I'm sure there are contacts to be made there, the other options listed will have you doing some serious driving. I do have a contact at Super Lake in Emporia FWIW, if I can be helpful in any manner feel free to contact me.

Ed

• Baller
I'm not on Country Lakes unfortunately, but I live about 15 minutes from there and I have a friend living there whom I ski with occasionally. Awsome group of skiers at Country Lakes. We mostly ski public lakes with a portable. If you do move to Topeka shoot me your contact info, maybe we can hook up at Emporia etc some time?