Staff Member(s) needed at Seth Stisher's Training Center

Sethski

• Baller

In case any one is looking or knows of someone looking, I am trying to find the right person for this season at my place in Charleston. I need someone with skiing experience and driving experience of course. They also need to have some decent waterski knowledge, however the main ingredient is that they are outgoing, personable, and hard working.

Post here or email me at bookings@skiseth.com, or call me at 866.213.7993.

I need someone to work from Mid-March through Mid-November ideally and I will also need some people that might have less availability to fill in here and there as well.

• Baller
How am I going to tell my wife and kids that I quit my job to go work for Seth. If my kid was just graduating college I'd tell him to go have fun for the summer then go to Utah for a winter then face the real world. I still wish I had done that instead of going to work right away.

@Seth, I am seriously thinking about changing locations and possibly Career. I'm in the looking and thinking stage right now... Though I can't be of any value to you this time, I am planning a trip to Charleston to see you this Spring. Who knows what the future holds.

Good Luck!

• Baller
I am tempted to start driving south right now, but as with others, the whole kids, wife, job thing precludes it. If you are still hiring when we come to Charleston to ski with you this summer, I am willing to drive the boat all day in exchange for a discount on my pulls or even just a couple of cold beers at the end of the day.

• Baller
Ski schools always sound like it would be a great job but many kids I talk to that have worked at them say not so much. Most don't get as many sets as they would like. MANY hours in a hot boat that can zap your energy levels. They get a quick set during lunch and one late in the afternoon when they are worn out. Pay is limited at best. Not sure what Seth would offer. Most pay room and board plus maybe 100 per week.

• Baller

NTX, it is busy and it is hot and it doesn't pay well in cash. All correct, however the rest is up to the "opportunist" or lack thereof that gets the job (at least speaking for my place). One set is to be taken in the AM before any clients ski (and we don't start until 9 so that's easy). The other set is in a spot during the business day if we aren't full and after we are done if we are. However we finish at 3:30 so it isn't too bad. I often cycle 2 different people in and out as drivers although I am in there all day.

Between a place to stay, free skiing, and better pay for my main person than you would get at most ski schools, it's rally a great opportunity. There are also some tips from clients, great business contacts, and great opportunity to build your resume in any way you choose since you are working for a small business. Also, with all I the people passing through you will undoubtedly make some friends that will last a lifetime.

It's a great opportunity for sure (if you capitalize on it) not to mention the fact that we attempt to have fun all day everyday.

All of that having been said, I definitely don't want anyone who is afraid of hard work, thinks that there are any jobs that are beneath them, or if he or she has trouble with follow through and taking responsibility.

Don't know about other places, but that about sums it up at my place.