Newport Beach Calif. Anywhere to Ski.

londonskier

• Administrators
This sucks but there is really nothing close by. There are Ballers that ski at Canyon Lake, Newberry or Arvin but nothing within an hour drive. There is no place where you can just show up and buy a ride except my dad's place. It was a full on ski school 20 years ago but today if you run 28 off or more you might be disappointed.

Thanks for comments. I think I may have to change my vacation plans if there is no slalom course. Can you guys reccomend another location up the coast, going towards LA where I can ski. I'll get withdrawl symptons, grouchy, moody, resentful etc - you all know, if I go two weeks in August with no Slalom. But @horton ,I may just ski at your dads place if I can. Slalom course?

There is also Canyon Lake, Elsinore and the Quarry in Corona, (which are the closest courses. Approx: 45min's) if you can hook up w/one or two fellow BOS members that Ski those locations... (There are at least 3 on BOS. But, this is the off-season and they be off-line!)

Thanks all. @the_krista and @danbirch and@rico and@h20dawg79 and @ Steven Haines sounds like the Canyon then. Probably late August, I'll shout out on BoS and hope to hook up with you then. I have been a member of Princes in Lodon and am part of an action group trying to get skiing back on the water there following its recent closure. That said I'm skiing at Thorpe Park with John Battleday and enjoying it there.

• Baller
How about a BOSer that visits Coto-de-Caza and has skied a few sets at the quarry? Are they welcome to go over the twister and ski the Canyon also? I use to have a British accent a long time ago. Me trouble and strife doesn't ski but I'd love to ski with some new blokes or ladies. also if time permitted like to ski at the web founders place.