Confident in your manhood?

SkiJay

• Baller

Here is the reason Regina deserves everything she has earned, standing atop of the woman's water ski pyramid. Her technique is usually pretty great, but her mind ... few men I know are this steely determined to git'r done, whatever it takes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1530989/Waterskiing/BOS/Regina%20at%20war.jpg

• Baller
@SkiJay This picture and this woman is so incredible, that it deserves two threads!!! Probably reminds you of taking your race car at 200mph into the final turn with worn out BigO Tires for your rubber.....whatever it takes to win the race!!!! Or die trying!!

• Baller

@Horton Sorry I missed the other post, but where you see train wreck, I see warrior. There isn't one ounce of giving up going on here. My respect and admiration for Regina doubled when I saw this pic. This girl has "the right stuff" and would likely be flying an F15 if she'd joined the air force. Rock on Regina!

... I wouldn't want to be the spotter at the other end of that rope though!

• Baller

Another fine example of what superhuman determination looks like:

http://waterskimag.com/files/2012/10/DOS7075-600x419.jpg

Obviously, skiing like this is not the idea, and I want to be clear that I'm not promoting wild skiing or implying that Regina is a wild skier (although she certainly can be). I am simply amazed at the level of determination she must have to be trying with everything she's got to ski out of such obviously bad situations.

Regina reminds me of someone else I became a huge fan of; Gilles Villeneuve stunned and amazed the F1 racing world with his flamboyant aggressive driving style. He was once quoted as saying, "Sure my driving is a little wild (understatement), but it is easier to smooth out fast than it is to speed up smooth." Hmmmmm.......

http://silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Gilles-Villeneuve.jpeg

• Baller
I think the only way to beat Regina, given somewhat equal strength, stature and desire, has to be with perfect form because Regina takes raw unflinching tenacity to the extreme. Whitney's form just keeps getting better and better and she's no shrinking violet either, so I'm looking forward to this summer's push to be the first female to run 41 in: The Battle of the Titanesses!

• Baller

I didn't know we had so many race fans on the board. I have to admit I am not a big fan but did live in Daytona Beach for awhile for some NASCAR indoctrination and being Canadian the Villeneuve family are race legends. Some great quotes but for those that do not know remember Gilles died in a crash. He lived and died by his mantra.

I think Regina must have freaky strength to weight ration to pull of what she does.

• Baller
@mwetskier Yikes! Good point! I certainly did not intend to liken Regina to a man in any way--bad heading on my part. My intention was to honor Regina's drive, tenacity and ability. The title came from how seeing her intensity makes me feel like a skiing wuss!

• Baller
Honestly, what this thread proves is that the difference between let's say a nationals level skier and an Elite skier is more than just technical. Regina doesn't freaking let go. She rarely lets a screw up go past the next buoy. Andy Mapple is the same way. Nate too.