Blast from the past - flex adjustment!

bbirlew

• Baller

Was sorting through some old junk and came across this old obrien g3 pamphlet that came with my old ski.

(Circa mid 90s?)

Thought some of you might enjoy it!

Didn't HO have a similar gimmick around then with metal bars behind the binding to stiffen the ski?

I was told by an industry person at the time that they changed their layup to a less rigid spec, just so they could add these bars to the outside of their ski that everyone 'needed to have'!

Gotta love the marketing!

Cheers,

Brad

• Baller
Had a G3. Liked the way it skied but the OTF's on it were too frequent and too henious due to the really narrow front part of the ski. To make matters worse I was then dumb enough to buy the next version, the G4, that also had an adjustment for the amount of the rocker in the ski plus the front flex bar. Great looking ski, still have it in fact, low mileage if anyone was interested. Can't even give the damn thing away...

I wish we could all easily check/verify our Flex #'s... (with some kind of "Industry Standard" and repeatable process)

BUT, if we could Ajust the flex! OMG... -can you image all the Absolute Kaos that would cause on these boards for "Set Up #'s" !!!

Hey, anyone got any #'s for a 67" _ _ _ _ _ Ski, I just added 75.025 Grams of flex to compensate for the warmer water. Should I also move my Bindings fwd with this adjustment? or should I should I just take out some length? -maybe I should just Buy a new Ski! =-D

• Baller_
What Ed said. I had the g4 with all the flex adjusters front and tail. Tail flex bar at the tail was a bit of engineering genius tied into the fin block and all. And then there was the two little plates on each side of that that could be removed, one or both. What a nightmare both in adjusting everything and the OTF. It was good looking as said.