First watersports park in the US with Tournament ski lake and cable wake park.

wakeisland

For those of you in northern California, we are about to open our doors to the general public on the cable side of things and have a few private ski lake memberships available at this time. This is a first of it's kind facility on the West Coast and one of the only parks world-wide with a cable and ski lake. For more information, check out our website at www.wakeislandwatersports.com or email us at info@wakeislandwatersports.com

• Baller

World class ski lake with a brand new cable park. If you are in the area or just passing through, I highly recommend you stop by.

There is a pro shop with all the gear you need for rent or purchase to ride the cable. I tried it and was surprised how much fun it was.

• Baller
McCormicks has both, starting about 3 years ago. Also OWC Orlando, but not sure about boat-pulled jumping. Which they had back when the Pro Tour went there. The water ski lake is where the mens ski fly record of 299' was set by Jaret.

• Baller_
The funny thing at Trophy is that they probably net more money on disc golf than on skiing. They were smart to see the opportunity and capitalize on it as a way of enhancing revenue without increasing skier cost. Hey maybe the government should install disc golf on the White House lawn instead of raising taxes. I am writing my congressman now!

Lpskier

Sorry about that everyone, we meant to say 1st on the West Coast. The only other full-sized cable parks that also have an active waterski lake is McCormicks and Barefoot Ski Ranch. The great thing about the cable is it will finally allow us to put some much needed funds back into the ski lake, we feel they complement each other well.

• Administrators

@wakeisland welcome to BallOfSpray. Your site is great. I have skied there and really enjoyed it.

The only problem you have is that @Dirt skis there. If you kick him out I am sure you could raise your prices.

• Administrators

@Dirt is the skier whose real name cannot be said. Tall thin skeleton of a man who runs 39 off and carries a gun. He has an old Mastercraft and skis with a history PhD who once stole my car.

Dirt is not very "Smart"

• Baller

@wakeisland, what a killer site you have. Question for you. Is the ski lake open to visitors at all? I live in Utah but my mother-in-law lives in Lincoln and my sister-in-law lives in Rocklin. Both are just a stones-throw from your place. I've always hated going out there for a visit. But if I could ski that would make the visit a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks,

Garn

• Members
Congrats, nice place. I ski on a similar site, just approved/opened for cable last yr. While wake island is larger., we have pretty nice ski lake and Cable for boarders also, well protected. 2hrs north of Sac. Check out www.reddingwakeboardandskipark.com .

• Baller
There is a cable park now in Valdosta, GA - that has plans to possibly stretch an exisitng lake on the site and offer slalom too - which would be great for this area (I need ski buddies). Exit 13 on I75