Malibu TXI setup?

skibug

• Baller

What is it doing now?

I usually just use the adj rudder until the water gets above 70-75 and see where the boat is. My 13 is still a little loose, but I think it will get pretty good as the water warms up. I dont run any weight in the nose we 3 evt. If it is going to a slalom event I have a 45 I put in the nose. I keep a 45 under the passenger seat all the time for balancing purposes.

Right now it has a 45 under the passenger seat. The adj. rudded pushed out some and the boat is pretty good out of the box. 10 hrs.

Jeff Lindsey

I do a small amount of grinding on the rudder. I place the rudder tab out with approximately 1/8 inch of space. The TXI without a tower does not seem to need weight in the nose. With a tower and the taller bimini top you may want to add a little weight to the nose of the boat. However the TXI is a great driving boat and should not require much in the way of set up. I have gone to different lakes and driven other TXI's and have had the same experiences

• Baller
Mine pulled the Malibu Open the last two years so I'm assuming it was set up pretty well and while I can't get to the boat right now to confirm I did look at the rudder when I bought it to see how much it was tweaked and I didn't see any grinding, but the tab was out a fair amount.

• Baller
Find that extremely unlikely, have driven a half dozen different boats (200&TXI) and the TXI's all out handle the 200's, precision turns on the spot where the 200's push through the turn...island turns more concise and even slow speed maneuverability is better