Senate-C Questions

aswinter05

• Baller

I've been shopping all winter for a ski. Someone has a 2010 Senate-C for sale on SIA. Are there any major differences between the 2010 and the 2012?

Wondering if I'm getting the same ski for less $

Also wondering if I should go Carbon or not

• Baller

Performance Ski & Surf has a 2012 67" on closeout for $444 shipped. Thinking that's a decent buy.

Would anyone like to talk me into/out of a Senate C?

Other skis I have read about and might consider: S2, Vice, Co X SL,

I was on a 65" Co X SL last year but I was informed it was too small of a ski for me at 30 mph. My wife has taken over the Co X. I liked that ski quite a bit though.

• Baller

@Horton made me do it. Went ahead and ordered a 2012 Senate C from Performance Ski & Surf.

I'm not able to demo closeout skis in my area so I kinda have to go by the word of others.

I guess if I hate the ski I can always sell it for a small (if any) loss.

Thanks for the bit of input guys. That's all I needed! Now, hopefully my HO double Basis fits the ski.

• Baller

@AB I'm pretty sure the only thing I understand about those numbers is the "Binding 30""

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you referring to the distance from the heel of the front boot to the tail of the ski?

Obviously I'm going to need some hands on training to understand the other numbers.

• Baller

@AB I'm pretty sure the only thing I understand about those numbers is the "Binding 30""

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you referring to the distance from the heel of the front boot to the tail of the ski?

Obviously I'm going to need some hands on training to understand the other numbers.

• Baller

@aswinter05 because I can't find the thread and I don't really want to type it out. I am going to defer you to @Mapple http://www.mappleskis.com/products/setup.php

@AB settings

.775 slot or .745 is the DFT

2.495-2.505 is the depth

.6845-6.855 is the length

30" binding is from tail of the ski to the rear of the binding. Depending on your bindings is where you measure to.

If you have any questions regard all of this just ask!

• Baller

@aswinter05 because I can't find the thread and I don't really want to type it out. I am going to defer you to @Mapple http://www.mappleskis.com/products/setup.php

@AB settings

.775 slot or .745 is the DFT

2.495-2.505 is the depth

.6845-6.855 is the length

30" binding is from tail of the ski to the rear of the binding. Depending on your bindings is where you measure to.

If you have any questions regard all of this just ask!

• Baller
@MattP appreciate the info. I was always taught to measure from the tail of the ski to the point on the HEEL of the binding which sticks out the furthest towards the tail of the ski (April Coble). But then again I'm still a rookie at all this :)

• Baller
@MattP appreciate the info. I was always taught to measure from the tail of the ski to the point on the HEEL of the binding which sticks out the furthest towards the tail of the ski (April Coble). But then again I'm still a rookie at all this :)

• Baller
From Radar: Put your front boot 29.5 inches from the tail of the ski and butt the ARTP right up to it. The fin block is fine just the way it is. They come from the dealer pre set with the correct settings so no need to play with those. Hope you love the ski!

• Baller
From Radar: Put your front boot 29.5 inches from the tail of the ski and butt the ARTP right up to it. The fin block is fine just the way it is. They come from the dealer pre set with the correct settings so no need to play with those. Hope you love the ski!

• Baller
@kmenard thanks! Dumb question, but I'm assuming the 29.5 inches from the tail is the HEEL of the boot to the tail? And is the 29.5" to the tail specifically for the 67" ski or does it matter what length the ski is for the 29.5" measurement?

• Baller
@kmenard thanks! Dumb question, but I'm assuming the 29.5 inches from the tail is the HEEL of the boot to the tail? And is the 29.5" to the tail specifically for the 67" ski or does it matter what length the ski is for the 29.5" measurement?

• Baller

The front binding is usually measured with where the back of your heel is, not the plastic horseshoe or hardware. I have never used the Basis, but it looks like there is some stitching down towards the bottom, and that looks like a good place to measure from.

I will assume you do not have a slot caliper, as you don't know what they are, so this link will show you how to use a standard caliper "head" to get the DFT distance from tail.

goode.com/wsfinadj.html

The wing should have the screws above the wing, and that is what upside down is.

Tips of the caliper measures the length of the fin by just usiing the very end of the calipers, however, the link above shows "jaws" measurement - the old way. Because there are many different styles of calipers out there, and they have different offsets on the jaws, it is common to measure with the tips, so everyone has a standard reference....

Enough for now..

Other good instructional from Chris Rossi - note he is using a slot caliper though..

Part 1 shows how to put bindings on.

Make sure you get a good fin whacker...

• Baller

The front binding is usually measured with where the back of your heel is, not the plastic horseshoe or hardware. I have never used the Basis, but it looks like there is some stitching down towards the bottom, and that looks like a good place to measure from.

I will assume you do not have a slot caliper, as you don't know what they are, so this link will show you how to use a standard caliper "head" to get the DFT distance from tail.

goode.com/wsfinadj.html

The wing should have the screws above the wing, and that is what upside down is.

Tips of the caliper measures the length of the fin by just usiing the very end of the calipers, however, the link above shows "jaws" measurement - the old way. Because there are many different styles of calipers out there, and they have different offsets on the jaws, it is common to measure with the tips, so everyone has a standard reference....

Enough for now..

Other good instructional from Chris Rossi - note he is using a slot caliper though..

Part 1 shows how to put bindings on.

Make sure you get a good fin whacker...

• Baller
@aswinter05 if you don't already have a digital caliper you can get an 8 inch from Harbor Freight for about $30. The Mapple link will teach you how to use it. Verify the fin is set to the above stock settings. That ski can easily work for you from 28mph into 34mph.

• Baller
@aswinter05 if you don't already have a digital caliper you can get an 8 inch from Harbor Freight for about $30. The Mapple link will teach you how to use it. Verify the fin is set to the above stock settings. That ski can easily work for you from 28mph into 34mph.

• Baller
@kmenard ...if it wasn't mentioned, Radar recommends using the lower stiches on the heel of their boots as the basis for measuring the front boots distance to the rear of the ski. If you are using Radar boots on a Radar ski, I believe I read that the center hole on the front binding plate should put you at the "recommended" setting.

• Baller
@kmenard ...if it wasn't mentioned, Radar recommends using the lower stiches on the heel of their boots as the basis for measuring the front boots distance to the rear of the ski. If you are using Radar boots on a Radar ski, I believe I read that the center hole on the front binding plate should put you at the "recommended" setting.