Any Missouri skiers?

kpickett

• Baller

I posted in January about skiing in Topeka, and I'm still waiting for the result of that job interview. This week I'm in Springfield, MO for another interview. Are there any skiers/clubs/ski lakes in the Springfield area? Any potential move for me has to take that into consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle Pickett

• Baller

John Shull has a private lake an hour east of Springfield in Hartville. There is a slalom course in Little Cow Creek on Table Rock Lake. Their are some active ballers there. That is where i skied before I moved to Texas.

Jeff Lindsey

• Baller

John Shull has a private lake an hour east of Springfield in Hartville. There is a slalom course in Little Cow Creek on Table Rock Lake. Their are some active ballers there. That is where i skied before I moved to Texas.

Jeff Lindsey

Kyle--I'm in Spfd. No clubs I know of (except MSU collegiate). No private lakes I've found except Shull's. Just met Pat Shull last week--seems like a real nice guy. There are 3 courses scattered around Table Rock Lake. There's a handful of guys that ski in different areas on the lake. Too bad the weather's headed down the tube while you're here or I'd take you for a ride. I skied Saturday but between the wind and the spoonbill fishermen I didn't have a chance. Now we have 6" of snow headed out way. Shout back if you'll be here any length of time or if you come back and we'll go for a ride.

Grant Miller

Kyle--I'm in Spfd. No clubs I know of (except MSU collegiate). No private lakes I've found except Shull's. Just met Pat Shull last week--seems like a real nice guy. There are 3 courses scattered around Table Rock Lake. There's a handful of guys that ski in different areas on the lake. Too bad the weather's headed down the tube while you're here or I'd take you for a ride. I skied Saturday but between the wind and the spoonbill fishermen I didn't have a chance. Now we have 6" of snow headed out way. Shout back if you'll be here any length of time or if you come back and we'll go for a ride.

Grant Miller

• Baller

In Kansas City. We ski at Pomme De Terre, hickory county, no course but excellent water, still about forty ish degrees if I recall correctly.

My dad has been trying to get the army Corps of engineers to allow a course on that lake but the fisherman petitioned the heck against it..

@KcSwerver......B Many years of fishin over the mason dixon line you coax a mud-duck. Here is the gist. Ski courses attract fish, the direct drive whine really buzz the shad which attract fish and the mudducks trying to catch the fish. All can be a big happy family in some isolated cove. Downside is a mud-duck always uses fishin line that exceeds 20 pound test, tied to a over size chunk of lead with some wierd bait from ass pro that some gandy like Brent Chapman recommended....That can be hard on the gel coat & skier if the mud-duck does not fully understand why he likes fishin by water ski courses.

Moms in AZ so I am headed back to the river to spread more doom and gloom of no fish on the river this year.

• Baller

Hey Grant and Jeff,

Thanks for the info.

Grant, thanks for the offer. I'm here just through Sunday, but if I get the job we'll come back in the summer to check things out, and maybe we could connect then.

Do you know if the Shulls have memberships on their lake? I'll see if I can find a conctact email.

Thanks again,

Kyle