Early early season 4 @ 35!

markchilcutt

learned a lot at Swiss last week and never had any intention of shortening to 35 this early but my new found ski technique forced me to give it a go. Pretty sure this is the least amount of slack rope i have ever had at 1 ball -35?? BTW the boat was slow at 33.2mph Thanks for any input in advance.

• Baller
2/4 you keep your head vertical and looking downcourse. 1/3 your head is leaned with your body and not looking downcourse. One of the most important mechanics of any sport is head alignment. Look down, fall down essentially. You prove that at 1 and 3. :)

@gregy thanks for that compliment @chrisrossi tells me slow the boat down and do whatever it takes to start running your hard pass and to not worry what it looks like just start making the pass to build confidence. seems to be working for me at this point in the game!

@chef23 thanks much!!

• Administrators
@markchilcutt your screwed. If you are skiing that well early in the season it is down hill from here. You better change skis or turn your fin backwards to get your scores back down.

Nice sking @markchilcutt,

I believe in the importance of Head position. We have said for years: "Look Down, Go Down"... In fact, here is a small excerpt of mine posted in 2009...

h2odawg79, 2/22/2009: Another thing that Jumps out at me is, Seth's "Head"... Just like in last months topic, -his head is countering the body Angle by staying "LEVEL". The Body Always follows the Head. (try doing a flip w/o tucking your head, it can't be done...) The head literally Dictates your forward momentum or Center of Mass. That is why it is So important to keep your Eyes Up and down course......

lmao @chrisrossi no video of me trying to skid my ski on the almost ice today. Crazy crazy day! one week ago i was getting into -35 as seen in the vid above in Florida and really had no problems running -32 6 times in a 3 day period. Yesterday in Utah it was all i could do to run -22!!! Finally figured out on my last pass not to push on the ski and it came around no problem.

@h20dawg79 thanks for the input i need to keep the head up and have vision down course for sure.

@Horton how do you know these things? @markchilcutt your screwed. If you are skiing that well early in the season it is down hill from here. You better change skis or turn your fin backwards to get your scores back down.

@markchilcutt . Do you find much difference between the 2011 Strada (black & red) and the 2013 Orange? Thinking about a new ski. I tried the AM6 this morning. Freezing cold here and with wileys not my Powershells, but wow its quick, and onside turns are nice. It comes under the line easily, but a bouncy wake crossing (probably me). I'm not sure about the build quality - the edges looked rough! So now I'm thinking Orange Strada - maybe.

@londonskier the 2 biggest differences i have noticed with the 13 Strada are.

1) ski carries more speed through the turn thus feeling slower but not slower because you arnt getting the deceleration and acceleration i was feeling on the 11 at the end of my turn.

2) My offside turn 1,3,5 RFF is amazing on this ski compared to my 11!!

Also note.... i can still completly crush my onside 2,4 when i need to.

My confidence on the orange ski is higher than ever! Make sure you demo the ski before you make any purchase give this ski a fair shake!

Where are you skiing?

What line lenght and speed you skiing?