Sarasota skiing and living

MCskiFreak

So I have to become a full fledged adult in May and graduate from college...I have taken a job in Sarasota and will be looking for a place to ski. Does anyone have any suggestions for clubs in the area or locals. I know that there is a show ski team in the area, but I am looking for someplace that has a course.

Also if you have any suggestions for places to live that would be great as well!

• Baller
About 15 years ago there was a ski club on a small lake by the water tower on Wendell Kent Road. According to Google Maps satellite, it looks like there are still a couple courses still in the lake. Just on the other side of 75 the county is developing a pretty large lake for rowing events, but I don't know if boats will be allowed on it.

• Baller
Congrats on the new job. My parents have been in Venice for 10+ years and I'm come to the conclusion that the only option is to drive to McCormick's. Nice spot to ski. If you find something closer let me know!

• Baller
@jcamp no boats at the rowing venue. Just rowing and offical launches as far as I know. I don't know if there is a crew rowing out of there or not. I know they are pushing to host worlds and World Cup events (rowing) but if they want to bring in extra revenue could contact them about putting in a course. I don't know if their buoyed lanes are in full time or if they run them out for races only. Nice place I've raced there a few times and coached there too. They just dumped a few more million in I think.