34 MPH, 67" A-3 Fin settings?

Ham_Wallace

• Baller
I have heard "all over the board" fin settings and binding placement. water is still too cold to worry about fin adjustments BUT the A-3 seems very sensitive to binding placement. I have heard fin depths from 2.495-2.516. Length varies with depth. Who has tried different settings on the 67" A-3?

• Baller
Got a really late start this year and have about eight sets on it. I don't have it completely dialed yet but, I love it. Will not stop in the turns; keeps moving. 2.50, 6.838, .765 (.770 with 2nd gen slot) with front at 29.5 is a really good starting point. I have made a few changes from there to de tune the onside just a bit and give me more tip pressure out of the offside. (.766 slot) I am starting to think that the offside issue needs the front boot to go forward just a bit. Will try that this weekend. It seems most sensitive to binding placement and length. DFT and depth much wider range. I tried Matt Brown's settings he posted in another thread and could ride em; just a bit too aggressive for me. I think his opener is my top full pass (35).

• Baller
However well intentioned, the slot caliper is a bust for sharing numbers. I measure DFT with the ski vertical standing on end and with the head of my regular caliper pressed flat. The above numbers are what I get between my regular and slot calipers.