Recomendation for Women's gloves

Jim Neely

• Baller

I'm not sure gloves are age-based, or even gender-based.

Some companies make female gloves, but whether they would work for your daughter depends on what she skis, how often, grip strength, or preference for amara vs Kevlar.

• Baller

I can't make a specific recommendation but there are some good closeouts on men's & women's gloves at H2Osmosis. Men's are mostly XL or XXL HO 41 Tails $30, Radar BOA $42, Women's Connelly $24 h2oproshop.com/closeoutdeals.html

Seth sold his pro shop to Brian in Saranac NY. Brian says he will be offering more closeouts as he goes thru the inventory.

My wife uses Men's gloves. A lot of womens gloves do not have finger tips - a benefit if they have long nails.

• Baller

And if the fingers are a little baggy just use thin Kevlar gloves underneath.

Girls can sometimes be fashion over function so that is why I asked if she was hard core or just a casual skier. If they think they look good, they will want to do it more often.

• Baller_
A couple of key elements before you settle on gloves: full finger or 3/4, regular or clincher style. What level skier and what is important: great fit (usually goess with hard to get on and off), easy to use (means not so important on bunching in the palm and easy to use straps), appearance if a casual skier. Once past that matrix you will narrow the choices down. As for fit, I tend to fit them very small in the store as they will stretch when wet and with wear. Narrow hands or long fingers will make it more difficult to fit. My personal favorites: Connelly Claw, my wifes: HO Esprit 3/4 finger gloves.