STE - Silent Tip Exhaust

lff

• Baller
Much to the delight of my neighbors I bought these in the hopes it would quiet my Monsoon down during those early morning runs. Now the issue is getting them installed on an 03 RLxi. Anyone installed these and if so do you have any words of wisdom ?

• Baller_
@Iff can you post a link or photo of them. Have a friend that could possibly use them making the lake residents happy. How much noise suppression can be expected? Anyone try this and have results?

• Baller

@wish - I think we'll see more options with the surf crowd - already mfg have side selective, and their is the FAE.

I think this might be a good option for the holeshot, as I really cannot pull people from the dock with out having my mufflers pointed @ their houses.

• Baller_
@Iff Nice! and not to expensive. Would like to know how much noise suppression is achieved. If you have a phone that takes apps, you could download a decibel (sound) meatier and do a before and after test from the dock as the boat drives by. Also would like to know any performance changes plus or minus. Keep us posted and thanks for the link.

• Baller
I have searched for years to find something for my MC 197 for the same reason. I ski early, trying to keep the peace on my lake. I replace the mufflers every two years, and that helps some as they do degrade quite a bit when you put on 100 hours plus a year. Still searching for more silence . . .

• Baller
The last two boats we have tried to make as quite as possible. Ironically, we ended up with the opposite in our prior boat. Never put downturn exhaust on a boat, it actually makes it louder. On our TXI we have the STE, the silent rider mufflers, and the insulated motor box. This makes the boat very quite. If I had to pick between the STE and the mufflers, I would pick the mufflers at least from ease of installing.

• Baller
Even with the mufflers and motor box, an inboard is loud at 6:30AM. I'm searching for that next level of quiet so that the folks on the lake with their windows open don't hear me having fun! In the old days the Nautiques (single exhaust outlet) were nearly silent. I haven't heard any other boat get close to that level of silencing. I'm not sure why the manufacturers don't create an option for super quiet and just charge me for it.

• Baller
Yah no kidding. I remember being at a tourney with an infinity, a nautique 206 and a malibu. From shore you could hear light tranny noise from the SN 206 as it passed and V8 bark from the others. By the time the 206 was halfway down the course going away from us we couldn't hear it at all.

• Baller
as a follow up to what @mino stated, there were people and/or a dealer on the Malibu website that indicated that the downturn exhausts actually made boats with a fiberglass platform louder -due to reverberation....teak, not so bad.

• Baller

I changed my mind. After trying to reach the hose clamps at the transom I came to the conclusion that it was impossible without tearing the entire rear out. That gas tank is ridiculous - who needs 41 gals of gas ? Am I going to Bermuda ?

I saw one of those Natiques with the Vernay(I think) single port exhaust just yesterday. Awesome quiet. I have mufflers but to put a silent rider system in looks like major expenditure. I like my neighbors, just not that much.