Question for anyone using a toe plate

bhs

• Baller

Do you ever rotate or move the toe plate back/forward like you would a rear boot? Or do you feel there is enough freedom with moving your heal around that its not necassry?

Thanks

• Baller

I guess if you want to push your rear foot in, so its roughly in the same place each time you ski, you have to adjust it to suit, remembering forward and back position of your rear foot, may effect your onside turn, I always run my toe plate centered, how ever, if on the rare occasion, I have not checked my binding screws, I have noticed that my rear toe plate has canted, normally this explains a really bad set for me.

We are all different, it come down to experimentation and personal preference.

• Baller
I have moved mine foward/back just to see where I liked it. Like mentioned above; it will affect you onside turn depending on position. I have canted mine slightly to enhance my offside turn. For me, canting it to the right (I am RFF) closes down my back knee a little more essentially helping to keep it tucked in behind my front knee.

• Baller
@6balls, It has been a long time since I moved it; but, moving it back seemed to give me a stronger/tighter onside turn, which isn't always necessarily a good thing. Conversely, I believe it did negatively effect my offside as well.

• Baller
@6balls -- I was told that "some people need the rear binding further back" when skiing with @Mapple. He indicated that he skis that way too. It did not feel like a huge change to me although it did feel like it gave me more balance on the ski exiting the turn, especially 2/4/6. When I think about it that makes sense. In any sport that requires movement the "athletic position" is to have space between your feet. As a guy who has skied with my feet as close as I could get them, I didn't know what to expect. So far, I like it.

• Baller
@Razorskier1, that is the analogy I like to use....what sport is it that your try and get your feet as close together as you can from an athletic perspective? Typically an athletic stance does not have your feet touching....or close to touching; so, the wider stance should feel more balanced. But, the physics of slalom skiing can be a little counter intuitive.

• Baller

I find that if my feet are spaced I end up pushing on the tail of the ski and we all know what happens when u do that! I'm actually thinking about cutting the heel area out on my front hardshell (the toe is cut off on the rear boot already) to see how that feels.

Just a thought for now cuz theyre working pretty well as they are now!