Home made R-style rear boot

doonez

Thought I'd share with you my attempt at a home made R-style boot. I was close to buying an actual reflex one but when I saw a pair of secondhand rollerblades for $5 I couldn't resist giving it a go and making my own! I simply drilled out the rivets holding the cuff in place and removed the bottom buckle the same way. When I took the wheels off there were big blocks of plastic that were molded onto the base of the boot which I ground off. After some more grinding and a paint job I had a boot that looked like it would work. I drilled my own holes into a radar plate and then bolted it on. When I put it on the ski with the reflex front I encountered the problem many get when using reflex double in that they were too close for the release to work. Being impatient as I am I simply hacked the toe off to give more space. I think I will leave it buckle-less to give piece of mind of release and coming off a toe plate it's going to give me way more control hopefully anyway.

• Baller

Did the same thing last summer when i had 6 stitches on the side of my big toe and couldn t kick my foot in.My error was not leaving the heel piece and the liner was sliding out when coming out due to drag.

I left the first buckle where it was near the toes and lowered the second one.While testing on dock,coming out of it was as easy as my regular RTP.It was very comfortable!

Other then the liner not staying totally in on getting up,i liked it a lot!

On my next try,i will leave the heel piece in place but will cut the cuff like a shoe,lower then your.

Having no buckles at all to tighten the toes doesnt appeal to me...

Congrats and keep improoving it!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!