Zero off upgrade to rev R

bherder

• Baller

I plan to upgrade our clubs zero off from Rev Q to Rev R this weekend. I have the emot file along with all of the other software on my laptop. Our local dealer is going to loan us the cable, but I've heard that you need a special cable and it might not be the cable we're getting.

Can someone describe or post a photo of where this cable plugs into on the engine? The boat is a 2012 Txi 5.7L. I can't make it out to the lake before the upgrade or I'd hunt for the connector location myself.

I appreciate the help!

• Baller
@bherder, I can get you a photo tomorrow of the connection on the 6.0 engine (2013 TXI). That should show you what the end should look like. Let me know if you think that will help and I will take a photo first thing in the morning. Too dark now.

• Baller
On the malibus I've worked on, the plug actually has a tag labeled "Diagnostic" on it. The Diagnostic plug on all of the boats with zo are the same. So if your dealer has the cable, it should work. IF it's the CanCapture eCom cable, you'll also need the driver v.3.0.1.15 from http://www.cancapture.com/downloads/cat_view/17-ecom-resources.html

• Baller
It is a special ZO cable that plugs into the same port than the diagnostics cable. You do need what @Doug states as well. Have not tried the CanCapture eCom cable, but the ZO cable looks just like the eCom cable, but has something disabled so they can sell it at a 1/4 of the price and prevent users to do dianostics with it...

• Baller
Thank you all for the help/comments. @Doug yes I have the password and serial number. @ski4xtc - It is probably too late to request the pic you offered, but if you can that would be great. I txt'd my buddy yesterday to take a photo of the plug on our boat and this is what was went. I don't think this is it as I expected a diagnostic port instead of plugging directly into the ECU.

• Baller
No, that's not it. It's a lone plug at the upper back drivers side of the engine near the ecu. I've killed a lot of brain cells over the years, but I believe it's a flat 6 pin metripak with a cap. You'll need a small screwdriver to push in the pin to remove the cap.

• Baller
@bherder, @shaneh, I believe this is the plug. On the TXI with the 6.0 it is attached to the side of the ECM. The second photo (at top of photo) shows it still attached with the gray cap on. I am pretty sure this is it but without having the cable here to confirm, I am not 100% positive.

• Baller

@ski4xtc Yes, that's the plug.

@mrwegen1 On the nautique, remove the plastic shroud from the top of the engine. The diagnostic plug will be hidden at the front upper right(drivers side) of the engine. PCM doesn't label it, but as you can see in ski4xtc, it's a flat 6 pin plug.

• Baller

@ShaneH - Looks like the DIACOM software you need to pay for, so I'm using the Aquastar software provided by zero off. I've installed the v.3.0.1.15 driver and then the aquastar software. It gives an error starting up "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

I don't have the cable plugged in yet, and I hope that is the problem. Any ideas? I hope I'm not dead in the water.... Nothing on google. However the instructions do say to plug in the cable before starting up the program, so I hope that is the problem. (mrwegen1 has the cable)

• Baller

@bherder Yeah, you don't need diacom. Typically only shops will have that. The Aquastar Display software is what you need. Mine starts up without error without the cable plugged in. I don't recall if I got that error the first time after loading before plugging in cable or not.

@RAL the cancapture cable IS the ecom cable from ZO. eNovations(eControls new name) owns both ZO and CanCapture. They don't sell the unlocked cable seperately. It only comes packaged with CanCapture software. They do sell the locked cable, which is what will work with Aquastar. The only problem is finding the correct adapter to go from the round canbus end on the ecom cable to the diagnostic port. Unfortunately, the cable we use lost it's label so I can't see what that part # is. I need to see if the diacom adapter cable will work sometime.

@bherder If the cable you borrow has a part # on the diagnostic port side adapter, make note of that please.